Quantcast

1. MC Rockets

MC Rockets

2. KeemD321

KeemD321

• If our malaise were shared, I would not be pissed. But it is not. The maldistribution of wealth in contemporary USA, is off the charts. There are far fewer beggars on the streets of Shanghai or Bijing than they are in the USA. Of course, most people here don't realize this. But I have been fortunate enough to travel, and I have seen a lot. 
    • No doubt we have problems.  As Americans, we have incredibly high expectations out of life.  Having spent time in other countries and seeing how simply some others live, I think at least part of our "misery" is our due to disappointment over the ways we think things "should" be.  That's not to say what is going on in our country at this time is fair or right, but I come across a lot of miserable people who still have food on the table and a car in the driveway.  As I have gotten older, I have lowered my expectations and found myself to be a lot happier.  That includes my expectation of people.  We are all very flawed individuals.  Getting outraged over the actions of others...I have to constantly remind myself how irrational it is to think that others are going to live by my standards and expectations.  That is not to say that certain behaviors are not worthy of protest.  But being in a constant stew over it does nothing but cause me to be miserable.  Being in such a state of self-pity can cause me to be overly selfish, and miss those opportunities where I might truly be able to make a difference in the world..such as helping a brother or sister in need.   
    • Ref, that is only part of the problem. A general frustration has been building within the country over at  least the last 30-years of which what you refer to is only part of the issue. Wages for all working people have not kept pace with the cost of essential items, and good jobs with decent benefits have become increasingly scarce due to the de-industrialization of the country. While this may have affected people of color to a greater degree, it has affected all of working class America. Hence, the decline in expected life among the population in general.  I believe that the demonstrations reflect this in addition to the circumstances surrounding the tragic death of Mr. Floyd.  The Coronavirus and our response has only exacerbated what has been brewing for a long time.  
    • I dont doubt for a second you know your football. I'm just saying that coaches trade film through hudl now. Its usually yours and the opponents last two games. Before Hudl we would have to meet up halfway on a saturday and trade VHS or DVD film. Made more sense to have a scout at the games back then but not anymore. Now we download our game film right after our game and trade with the opposing team that night through Hudl. Trust me you get way more out of watching film than you do scouting a game live. Cant rewind and pause plays when your at a live game scouting...LOL. But scouting live does have some advantages like the flow of the game and personnel substitutions. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors