Quantcast

1. Wavebb

Wavebb

2. Zoe Boy

Zoe Boy

• That last paragraph is fake news. However, if it proves true, I doubt very much that our respected colleague was the guilty party!
    • In October of 2005, Tim Tebow and hc Craig Howard's Nease team came to Lake City.  10th ranked Columbia was 5-2 and and faced 8th ranked Nease was 5-2.  Nease went up 21-0 and never looked back, winning 49-24.  Tebow rushed for 73 yards and 3 TD's.  He went 19/28 passing for 271 yards and 2 TD's despite suffering an injury.  180 of those passing yards went to Ryan Ellis.  Ellis was a 2-time, First Team All-State selection who led the state in receiving yards two straight seasons.   He finished 2005 with 103 receptions for 1911 yards and 18 TD's. This win gave Nease the District 5-4A title and they eventually went on to win the 4A title, beating Armwood in the final.  Columbia lost its next game to Orange Park Ridgeview, costing the Tigers the runner-up spot in the district.    In a controversial ending to the game, it is alleged that a very young fan of Columbia threw a dirty diaper at Tebow as he was leaving the stadium because Tebow would not give the youngster his autograph. 
    • Dallas Baker .catches TD about 4:10 in the video Dallas Baker 
    • It is Dallas Baker, "The Touchdown Maker" who played for New Smyrna Beach.  In 2000, he caught 68 passes for 1140 yards and 17 TD's.  He was a Superprep and Prep Football Report All-American.  Like his uncle, Wes Chandler, he played for the Gators.  In 2006, he caught 10 TD's for the Gators and earned First Team All-SEC honors.  He won a national championship with the Gators and a Super Bowl as a member of the Steelers.  Baker is now a wide receivers coach at Marshall University.   
    • Oh yeah don't get me started on Tebow   I've heard stories of the legend from that game, Columbia was playing well and at one point knocked him out of the game but he got up and exploded on Columbia so I wouldn't be shocked if Tebow had those numbers on us after that
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors