Quantcast

List of All-State Teams

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• And what exactly are you implying there with that statement?
    • I can get behind some version of this idea. Want to transfer to a school you're not zoned for? Show a minimum G.P.A., or state an interest in a program available at the desired school that's not available at the current school. If both schools offer football, then football can't be the reason for transfer.  Of course, the "equity" monsters would fight it vigorously.
    • And something like this could probably only work, if at all, with the larger counties. Although I'd love to see the look on Jesse's face when the Madison County District School Board designates James Madison Preparatory High School (the only other public high school in the County other than Madison Co. H.S.) as the Magnet Football School. 
    • And what self-respecting school and athletic department wants to be considered a "have not"?  I don't think it would ever pass the smell test' but you're thinking outside the box; that's good. 
    • "Just once I would like to see a couple of these kids say that they are transferring to another school due to the other school having a better academic rating" I hope that you're not holding your breath waiting for that to happen.  I would love to see the FHSAA put an academic requirement on all transfers wanting to participate in athletics at the new school; say a 3.0 or a 3.5 cumulative GPA verified by the former school, or in lieu of that, a waiver by the previous school allowing the transferring student to play immediately. The only exceptions would be either (1) the student transferring as a result of his/her family physically moving to the new school's zone and the family establishing permanent residency there, (2) transferring from a private high school to his/her new school's zone where the family has established permanent residency, or (3) transferring to a private high school with eligibility based upon meeting the GPA requirement listed above. 
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors