Manatee 14 Armwood 13 half

james ricks

Armwood is a very good football team. They will be tough to beat this year once they clean some things up offensively and on special teams. The junior QB they have is going to be a great player, but I think they should commit to pounding the rock. They have a giant offensive line and two D1 RBs. That should be their calling card.

I think the story in this game is how well Manatee played up front. They are smaller than usual on the offensive line, but those kids are strong and athletic. They opened up lanes for Josh Booker, a junior RB, who is a 215lb bruiser at RB for the Canes. Plenty of weapons on the outside for Manatee as well. Should be a fun season for the Hurricanes. The sky is the limit.

Manatee wins as I picked so what wrong armwood? Time to panic in the building? Lol

I don't know if it's time to panic this early but Manatee took it to them and caught Armwood by surprise doing it, Armwood is got to get a lot and I mean a lot better if they want to even make it back to Orlando this year because that team tonight was anything but impressive outside of their junior QB Devin Black, very mobile QB that was keeping drives alive with his legs and his arm

Armwood is a very good football team. They will be tough to beat this year once they clean some things up offensively and on special teams. The junior QB they have is going to be a great player, but I think they should commit to pounding the rock. They have a giant offensive line and two D1 RBs. That should be their calling card.

I think the story in this game is how well Manatee played up front. They are smaller than usual on the offensive line, but those kids are strong and athletic. They opened up lanes for Josh Booker, a junior RB, who is a 215lb bruiser at RB for the Canes. Plenty of weapons on the outside for Manatee as well. Should be a fun season for the Hurricanes. The sky is the limit.

Manatee has something special in junior RB Josh Booker, I was actually surprised that he was running with so much consistent success like he was tonight, if Manatee can stay away from the injury bug this season and have everybody healthy come playoff time they're going to be a very tough out for anybody to deal with in 8a

I don't know if it's time to panic this early but Manatee took it to them and caught Armwood by surprise doing it, Armwood is got to get a lot and I mean a lot better if they want to even make it back to Orlando this year because that team tonight was anything but impressive outside of their junior QB Devin Black, very mobile QB that was keeping drives alive with his legs and his arm

Ik its because the hype Machine was through the roof before they took a snap that I said that lol

They good but the second they over central in ANY poll was the second they became overrated

Well after watching the game via the link, heres my thoughts...

I was very impressed by Manatee, they looked in midseason form and executed well on both sides of the ball, ST could use a little work though.

Offensively I was very impressed by the QB Colagiovanni, he was accurate and made good decisions and has that added dimension of mobility to his game, I imagine his height (listed as 5'10", maybe less in reality) costs him a lot of offers he might otherwise get. The WR core is deep with 4 guys who are very athletic and sure handed. The RB was also impressive, big physical dude who is very athletic for his size. The OL is a little undersized and has room for improvement, especially in pass protection but the QBs quick release helps alleviate that.

Defensively they are very young returning only 2 starters from last year yet still performed well. They bent a lot but rarely broke and routinely stepped up when they needed to most. The DL consistently got pressure on Armwood's QB all night and the back 7 was solid vs a loaded Armwood receiving core. To think that they had only 2 returning starters is crazy and with the inexperience they should only get better and better as the season goes on.

I was not high on Manatee coming into this season but after watching them vs an elite opponent I change my mind. They don't have any blue chip studs like those past Kinnan teams and not even that many FBS offered guys for that matter, but what they do have is a lot of really good FCS/D2/D3 level hsfb players all over the field, in addition a lot of their players are young so they should continue to improve throughout the season.

I wasn't expecting much from them before but now I definitely believe they will be a player in 8A north

As for Armwood all I can say is sloppy! sloppy! sloppy! While Manatee looked sharp and in midseason form, Armwood was obvious they were playing their first game of the season.

Penalties absolutely killed them, too many to count. They showed their explosive potential offensively and were able to move the ball but drives always ended up getting killed by penalties or mistakes like bad snaps. The QB Black was a bright spot for them, very impressive. Was under duress the whole game yet was very elusive and only sacked once or twice I think, consistently made plays with both his legs and arm while under pressure. The OL is big but not terribly athletic, penalties aside they were the root of Armwood's failure to find a rhythm offensively

Defensively penalties were a problem as well, and there were too many busted coverages including one that resulted in Manatee's first TD (granted Im pretty sure they were playing without a USF committed safety who was out with an injury)

Sloppy game overall however its the first game and was still a close game to a good opponent despite all the self inflicted issues. They will improve as the season goes on and come playoff time they should roll through 6A north towards Miami Central again.

Well after watching the game via the link, heres my thoughts...

I was very impressed by Manatee, they looked in midseason form and executed well on both sides of the ball, ST could use a little work though.

Offensively I was very impressed by the QB Colagiovanni, he was accurate and made good decisions and has that added dimension of mobility to his game, I imagine his height (listed as 5'10", maybe less in reality) costs him a lot of offers he might otherwise get. The WR core is deep with 4 guys who are very athletic and sure handed. The RB was also impressive, big physical dude who is very athletic for his size. The OL is a little undersized and has room for improvement, especially in pass protection but the QBs quick release helps alleviate that.

Defensively they are very young returning only 2 starters from last year yet still performed well. They bent a lot but rarely broke and routinely stepped up when they needed to most. The DL consistently got pressure on Armwood's QB all night and the back 7 was solid vs a loaded Armwood receiving core. To think that they had only 2 returning starters is crazy and with the inexperience they should only get better and better as the season goes on.

I was not high on Manatee coming into this season but after watching them vs an elite opponent I change my mind. They don't have any blue chip studs like those past Kinnan teams and not even that many FBS offered guys for that matter, but what they do have is a lot of really good FCS/D2/D3 level hsfb players all over the field, in addition a lot of their players are young so they should continue to improve throughout the season.

I wasn't expecting much from them before but now I definitely believe they will be a player in 8A north

As for Armwood all I can say is sloppy! sloppy! sloppy! While Manatee looked sharp and in midseason form, Armwood was obvious they were playing their first game of the season.

Penalties absolutely killed them, too many to count. They showed their explosive potential offensively and were able to move the ball but drives always ended up getting killed by penalties or mistakes like bad snaps. The QB Black was a bright spot for them, very impressive. Was under duress the whole game yet was very elusive and only sacked once or twice I think, consistently made plays with both his legs and arm while under pressure. The OL is big but not terribly athletic, penalties aside they were the root of Armwood's failure to find a rhythm offensively

Defensively penalties were a problem as well, and there were too many busted coverages including one that resulted in Manatee's first TD (granted Im pretty sure they were playing without a USF committed safety who was out with an injury)

Sloppy game overall however its the first game and was still a close game to a good opponent despite all the self inflicted issues. They will improve as the season goes on and come playoff time they should roll through 6A north towards Miami Central again.

I agree with you on some of your points.

Armwood was sloppy, very sloppy.

Manatee will struggle should that foot injury(which it seemed fine on Friday) for AJ flairs up.

That wild cat stuff doesn't work and why Booth played AJ just blows my mind.

Traveling out of state this week and I would have hated to see AL not be able to play.

With all that being said, Manatee still has some work to do in my eyes.

Still have trouble containging a mobile QB and can't seem to defend that deep ball in late downs.

With the best RB in the county, they need to feed Booker the ball 20+ times and run some screens plays to the ball in his and Tarique's hands.

I wouldn't say they weere "that" bad.

A few costly turnovers(which didn't happen until late third) cost them the game.

The tide turned when that ball was snapped over Black's head.

Armwood will be just fine this year and I would expect them to make a trip to Orlando again.

Manatee needs to feed their play makers on offense.

No reason Booker shoudn't get 20+ carries.

I'm most happy that AJ's foot seems to be healed and he should be ready to let loose this week.

Was very shocked that when Booth said he wanted to give AJ a few series and played him the entire game(for the most part) with the chance of that foot injury.

Only time will tell as to how long AJ can lead this team but I hope he can finish the season.

If not, going to be a short season for this team with no real back-up.

A few costly turnovers(which didn't happen until late third) cost them the game.

Armwood will be just fine this year and I would expect them to make a trip to Orlando again.

I'm most happy that AJ's foot seems to be healed and he should be ready to let loose this week.

Was very shocked that when Booth said he wanted to give AJ a few series and played him the entire game(for the most part) with the chance of that foot injury.

Only time will tell as to how long AJ can lead this team but I hope he can finish the season.

I don't think armwood terrible but I think they got a bit overrated heading into the game, they might be better then past few years teams but I see them not being a real threat to central

I was pretty shocked with that booth decision to, but he said he was to tempted on winning the game to pull him because he was managing the offense so well, but it was still a big risk expecially against a team like Armwood that had some big guys up front on the D line

AJ had been fully cleared to play. If there was a significant concern they would not have played him. They tested him and he had no issues. If he was gimpy at any point they would have pulled him. It's a moot point because he is fine and he played very well.

Tarique Milton would do just fine at the QB position if he had to play there. He can throw the ball. The more he runs the offense the better he would execute it. Thankfully Manatee will get to utilize his talent on the outside because they have a talented QB in Colagiovanni. This football team has the potential to win the whole thing. It's going to be a very difficult task, but they have the pieces to do it. Having a tough schedule will have them prepared to face the difficult 8A playoffs.

Still have trouble containging a mobile QB and can't seem to defend that deep ball in late downs.

With the best RB in the county, they need to feed Booker the ball 20+ times and run some screens plays to the ball in his and Tarique's hands.

Granted they won't see another QB like Black all year. They play some good ones, especially Marvin Washington from DP, but none as elusive as Black. They had pressure on him all night but he kept pulling houdini acts. And the secondary is young and inexperienced, they will improve as the season drags on

I think Booker's lack of work was just a result of them working on their passing attack seeing where Colagiovanni was at with his foot as it was preseason and Booker is already a known commodity. I fully expect him to get his share of work now in the games that count

AJ had been fully cleared to play. If there was a significant concern they would not have played him. They tested him and he had no issues. If he was gimpy at any point they would have pulled him. It's a moot point because he is fine and he played very well.

Tarique Milton would do just fine at the QB position if he had to play there. He can throw the ball. The more he runs the offense the better he would execute it. Thankfully Manatee will get to utilize his talent on the outside because they have a talented QB in Colagiovanni. This football team has the potential to win the whole thing. It's going to be a very difficult task, but they have the pieces to do it. Having a tough schedule will have them prepared to face the difficult 8A playoffs.

If that was the case with AJ, why didn't Booth start him?

I've never heard of a coach not starting their #1 guy(with a previous injury) if he's the best guy to get the win.

It's over now but just didn't make sense to me.

I just hope he gets away from that stupid wild cat stuff.

Line up and run your offense and they should do just fine.

As for winning it all, I don't see it happening this year.