FINAL DILLARD (1-0) 37 STRANAHAN(0-1) 12

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Dillard - I'm not sure that hiring a HS football coach is the same as bringing a student on board the team. I think that any school can hire any football coach that they want any time they want. They can even hire a football coach that is currently coaching at another school. Where did you find that it's illegal? 
    • IMO the FHSAA should simply return to the previous rules that if a student transfers from one school district to another they would be allowed to in accordance with Florida law. However, that student could only transfer for academic reasons and would have to remain out of sports for the first full season of that particular sport. As I understand it, when the Florida Legislature passed the law that allowed students to transfer anywhere and at anytime they had academics in mind. It was a law that allowed students to transfer from a poor performing school academically to a good performing school academically and not for the explicit purpose of playing a game. I wonder if the Florida Legislature fully understands what happens when students are allowed to transfer explicitly for sports and how some of those transfers seriously disturb the natural flow of events with the sports team of those schools. To make matters worse they are now proposing that some high school students, that just happen to be good at playing a game, be paid for their participation. Truly amazing.
    • In the words of Chris Rainey... 
    • Independent contractors....   What will go wrong with this?
    • I seriously can't remember how many times I had to do that very thing. Like Nolebull said in another discussion, the kids know kids from other schools and where the "hot hand" is. I never entertained discussions with kids or parents of kids from other schools. I know we lost some good ones because of it but I am ok with that.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online
  • Popular Contributors