John Carroll

Drogo

Anybody have any idea what is going on here? Lots of kids transferring out and it does not appear like they wanted to, but had to due to factors outside their or the athletic depts control. Seems odd from a program that made it to the state semi's last year and has had recent success.

Maybe I am just reading it wrong, but my speculation is it has to do with $$$ since the school is a small private.

Champ Smith, TJ Alford, Robert Jones and Zanni Miller all to Vero.

Chauncey Miller and Jake Whitely (who just transferred in from Vero) both to Fort Pierce Central.

Those are the ones that come off the top of my head, there may be more, but I would have to dig a little. It may be a new “normal”  in todays prep climate, but it’s just seems unusual given their recent success at JC. 

Wow. That's a stunner. No idea what happened there. I saw JCC play twice last year, against THE Benjamin School and Cardinal Newman. I couldn't believe Smith was a freshman. On a steamy night, he played both ways for most of the game and on defense he was pushing guys 3 yards deep into the backfield. They couldn't block him with two guys, let alone one. Against Newman, he only played on offense at tackle. JCC struggled to move the ball at all aside from a 90 yard screen pass to Colebrook for a TD. Newman had the 2nd best defense I saw last year, behind Osceola. Vero got some really nice players with this.