ST. JOHN BOSCO 28 - MATER DEI 0!!

Ray Icaza

If the score or result wasn't newsworthy enough, read the article I link regarding the backstory of the SJB QB; very heartwarming.  However, it does lend some credence to the fact that more times than not it is the parent seeking the kid to transfer for playing time/exposure rather than the other way around.

St. John Bosco QB Caleb Sanchez seeing patience, loyalty pay off (msn.com

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

If the score or result wasn't newsworthy enough, read the article I link regarding the backstory of the SJB QB; very heartwarming.  However, it does lend some credence to the fact that more times than not it is the parent seeking the kid to transfer for playing time/exposure rather than the other way around.

St. John Bosco QB Caleb Sanchez seeing patience, loyalty pay off (msn.com

Ray, I will be honest with you, if he were my son, absent the Offensive Coordination giving me assurances that he would start his senior year, he would have transferred unless he had already decided that he did not want to pursue college football. 

The stakes are just too high not to do that. 

2 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Ray, I will be honest with you, if he were my son, absent the Offensive Coordination giving me assurances that he would start his senior year, he would have transferred unless he had already decided that he did not want to pursue college football. 

The stakes are just too high not to do that. 

I completely understand, just warms my soul seeing some ole time values still matter particularly with a youngster.  I gave the example of the kid that transferred from Suwannee HS to our school this year with all the hype.  In my humble opinion his Dad chose our school as a landing spot not the kid.  He was expecting a security blanket just handing the ball off to Taevion and in the early season that didn't pan out.  Thus, he was expected to be more productive and he was unable to deliver so ended up getting beat out by an undersized sophomore.  Every decision has risks and don't always play out as you had planned.  Anyway, extremely happy for the success Caleb Sanchez is enjoying his senior year.