• Announcements

• Joshua Wilson

Rules of the Forums   09/02/2017

Please be sure to read the rules of the forums. This is only to help all of us have a good time and we want to keep this board as fun as possible. 
    • SportsNut25

Talking Other Sports   11/08/2017

For those interested in talking about other sports, you can talk about them here. 

• I was thinking the same thing until I re-read the question . . . "teams that would make the playoffs today if it was the end of the season."  Right now, as you stated, Plant is the ninth highest team in 8A Region 2 (up from 11th a week ago).  They still have to jump at least one more team (without getting jumped themselves) to make the playoffs.   But, if the playoffs started today, Plant would be sitting home.   Fortunately, four of the teams above Plant in the PRI rankings play each other this week (Riverview plays Lennard and Kissimee Osceola plays Lake Nona).   If I've done my math right,  two of those teams will pick up a loss this week.    From Plant's standpoint, they'll probably be rooting for the higher ranked teams (Lennard and Osceola) to win. 
    • Defense is the best part about Vero this year but I don't know if Vero can put up 5 TDs on FPC but I did predict a few weeks ago that it'll be closer than what the records show for both teams.....two reasons for that is one, Vero's offense is iight this year and if u stop em, you'll have a defense struggle with them and second, FPC have played good defense this year and have been in close games with everyone on their schedule.... My prediction Vero scores 21 or 28 on FPC  
    • You bring back districts in lower classes and you lose a bunch of teams back to independent within a few years.  A few teams right now are in the playoffs or on the edge that were independent the better part of last 8 years because they were forced to play teams they just couldn't handle and kids were leaving.  Catch 22. Does the FHSAA want to lose people again? It is also not as simple as building a program up to compete either in today's modern day of transfers. Average small schools with 25-35 kids can't afford even 2 senior transfers because they sucked one year. 
    • Agreed.  Fletcher playing well with 5 straight wins but i agree, if u are a playoff team, you have to win both. 
    • Potentially, every team the "could" possibly win the state championship is every team.  This is why we have a regular season. The teams that "can" win a state championship are the ones that deserve to be in the playoffs; based on results of the regular season.  
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors