Quantcast

1. OldSchoolLion

OldSchoolLion

• I don't understand why we can't have a modified season with no post season; run it from late September to early December.  Each school district decide if they want in or cancel altogether.  
    • Sounds like all this money from sports just goes into a "mythical" atheltic fund and we don't truly know how much money gets shared with anyone   I think I've heard people up here say the same thing but I would be interested to truly see where all the money goes, especially at schools that are usually good at fan attendance 
    • It should be up to each local school boards to decide what is best for THEIR schools   Neither of those people know what's best in each individual county and both have been trying to undermine any concern with the virus since the start because they don't want the economy to take a dive, I guarantee you that in every press conference they have they speak more about the economy then they do about the health and safety of the countries future workers (students)     Damage they are doing? Where was this back in the spring??   The numbers weren't even close to as bad then and nobody gave a crap then, even if the numbers now have been inflated they are worse now than back then    I get you want football but seriously? If it was doing so much damage and it's safe for football now then why wasn't it safe for the seniors last year to finish out their year and for the spring athletes to finish their season?
    • I can't speak for other schools but our football program gets none of the concession, none of the parking and none of the ticket sales.  It all goes into an athletic fund that gets spent on all sports for necessary equipment (balls), refs and travel. The only thing football gets from the school is footballs, refs, travel and reconditioning.  They have to raise money for every thing else just like every other sport.
    • The CDC has stated that all schools in the country should fully open for classroom study and I imagine that means sports as well. On line school has proved extremely detrimental to students and also doesn't work as it is not monitored nor disciplined. The President is following the CDC's recommendation as is the Governor. The FHSAA is also for starting the football season on time. Why then are a few local school boards or whoever they are not following these guidelines? Do they even understand the damage that they are doing? Just speak with a few Psychologists and professionals that monitor statistics. The damage already done by this lock down is scary enough. Locking down schools and sports will cause more deaths and disability than any virus ever could have. And that's the experts speaking not me.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• Popular Contributors