Columbia vs Middleburg (district championship on the line Friday on homecoming)

DisabledAccount

Columbia can clinch their second straight district championship with a win over Middleburg and a Orange Park win over Ridgeview

Columbia is 3-3 on the year with their losses coming to playoff teams in Buchholz, Union and Trinity Christian. After early season struggles with turnovers Columbia seems to have found a winning formula of a good running game and dominant defensive play which was shown in the second half of the Orange Park game as Columbia gained over 100 yards rushing and forced 4 second half turnovers

Middleburg comes in at 3-4 and winners of 3 straight games but those 3 wins came over teams a combined 6-14 on the season. I'm not as familiar with Middleburg but they seem to have a decent RB but Columbia has already faced teams with a good RB this year including TCA with 2 D1 level RBs and held them in check for a good bit of the game so I don't think the Middleburg RB will bring anything bigger than what we have already faced this season 

I expect Columbia to be fired up at home knowing they have a chance to win a district championship and first consecutive district championship since the 4 year run from 97-00. On a safe bet I like Columbia by 21 here 

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Didn’t you say Middleburg was supposed to be good because of the transfers? Lol 

Their best player is a 4* RB committed to Utah and he was a transfer from Oakleaf

Riverside got a similar amount of transfers last year to what Middleburg got this year, maybe Clay County is just that bad