Florida vs USA (revised)

nolebull813

I hate when coaches schedule games they have a zero chance of winning: Is traveling to some city or state really worth the embarrassing 40-50 point undressing? Are you gonna remember the museum you went to, or how another football team made you look like an incompetent Pop Warner team? 

6 hours ago, Dr. D said:

Or the check your athletic department cashed?

OOS games are typically very expensive and use up all the money given. There are a few instances of bumming it by taking a bus and not staying in a hotel overnight. But that’s a shitty drive. And a coach and AD prostituting their team out for a few bucks. Terrible 

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

I hate when coaches schedule games they have a zero chance of winning: Is traveling to some city or state really worth the embarrassing 40-50 point undressing? Are you gonna remember the museum you went to, or how another football team made you look like an incompetent Pop Warner team? 

Everyone, well a lot of programs want the instant notoriety that comes with of playing OOS.  There was a time when those games happened between neighboring states that were close in proximity OR perennial powerhouses that had something to prove against other powerhouses.  Now it's a free-for-all and it severely diminishes the worth of those games.  I can respect Coach Castle for knowing when to risk it and when to sit his ass down, lol.

13 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

OOS games are typically very expensive and use up all the money given. There are a few instances of bumming it by taking a bus and not staying in a hotel overnight. But that’s a shitty drive. And a coach and AD prostituting their team out for a few bucks. Terrible 

Yet you and your buddy Shyster Joe demand teams consistently play these very expensive, and very time-consuming games. If they don't, you call them p*ssies and talk about their coaches not having "the chest" to "challenge" his boys. :huh:

3 hours ago, Longtime Observer said:

Yet you and your buddy Shyster Joe demand teams consistently play these very expensive, and very time-consuming games. If they don't, you call them p*ssies and talk about their coaches not having "the chest" to "challenge" his boys. :huh:

Not me. I don’t call teams that for NOT playing the games. I will never call a bad team a name for refusing to play a good team. It’s the opposite. The elite teams who play garbage are the punks. 

42 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Not me. I don’t call teams that for NOT playing the games. I will never call a bad team a name for refusing to play a good team. It’s the opposite. The elite teams who play garbage are the punks. 

But when discussing a team you think should play OOS, you refuse to acknowledge that, no matter how strong the team is or isn't, the financial costs and extreme travel conditions may explain the lack of OOS game. Instead, it's always that the coach doesn't have "the chest" to challenge his players, that you wouldn't want your son to play for such a man, etc. 

19 minutes ago, Longtime Observer said:

But when discussing a team you think should play OOS, you refuse to acknowledge that, no matter how strong the team is or isn't, the financial costs and extreme travel conditions may explain the lack of OOS game. Instead, it's always that the coach doesn't have "the chest" to challenge his players, that you wouldn't want your son to play for such a man, etc. 

I think you are talking about Camden Co or most those South GA teams who play the worst of the worst 

• 2 weeks later...