Norland 28 MNW 27

peezy28

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not saying they didn't want to win but look at the 2 teams 

MNW basically has number 1 seed locked up and already won district 

Miami Norland and 8th seed and still was playing to hold on to a playoff spot 

Norland without a doubt needed it more than MNW? Am i right or am i right? 

37 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

From a distance, I think the game may have been a bit of a trap game for MNW. No, I am not suggesting they did not take it seriously. I am sure they did. However, it is possible that a sense of urgency on the part of 16-18 year old teenagers may not have been there. 

I would reserve my opinion till they meet again in the playoffs. If they do, I would expect the Bulls to avenge this defeat.

I fully agree on a trap game for MNW, and that is part of the deal in SFLwhen  playing back to back strong teams.  Some teams survive the trap type games,  some don't.  I'm pretty sure MNW knew going into that game that they were the better team but a Norland team fighting for their lives, was going to come hard for 4 quarters .   I'm pretty sure the MNW coaches were stressing their players to tighten up in that second half.  

Unless there were multiple suspensions and/or injuries in that game I'm crediting Norland getting a much needed district win.

Norland has been a team this year that is good enough to upset rivals Carol City,  MNW, and Central.  Now when it happens, Norland get's little props and we look for a reason how the other team let it happen.

My take....A very good FL team upset a elite FL team.  It happens.  It is also probably more prone to happening when one team is fighting to stay alive, and another team is coming off a huge win against a nationally elite team factored with just  clinching the playoffs.

Columbia , do you think MNW took this district game as serious as a pre-season game?

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

I fully agree on a trap game for MNW, and that is part of the deal in SFLwhen  playing back to back strong teams.  Some teams survive the trap type games,  some don't.  I'm pretty sure MNW knew going into that game that they were the better team but a Norland team fighting for their lives, was going to come hard for 4 quarters .   I'm pretty sure the MNW coaches were stressing their players to tighten up in that second half.  

Unless there were multiple suspensions and/or injuries in that game I'm crediting Norland getting a much needed district win.

Norland has been a team this year that is good enough to upset rivals Carol City,  MNW, and Central.  Now when it happens, Norland get's little props and we look for a reason how the other team let it happen.

My take....A very good FL team upset a elite FL team.  It happens.  It is also probably more prone to happening when one team is fighting to stay alive, and another team is coming off a huge win against a nationally elite team factored with just  clinching the playoffs.

Columbia , do you think MNW took this district game as serious as a pre-season game?

How would i know i wasn't at the game 

4 hours ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Exactly why I said its virtually impossible for anyone else in Region 4 to get out of there except one of those 4 teams... Your going to have to beat 3 to get out... Maybe upset 1 but then you got the attention of everyone else.  Barring suspensions and mass injuries for running the gauntlet no team in the North has a chance against them... Sorry Armwood try again next year.  Also my teams district is region 3 and whoever comes out of there will get a running clock in the semifinals.....