Are these State Finals Matchups exciting enough ?

Guest Gridiron5

Guest Gridiron5

In 8A, it was looking like Miramar to play Apopka or Manatee. That's busted

In 7A, There is a state power still there, but No Aquinas, Lincoln, or Lakeland

In 5A, most of the state I think penciled in Godby vs. AH (1 of them still there

In 4A, Booker T. is playing Bolles (Heavy Favorite, 3rd time in a row.

Are these current matchups for the state exceptional enough, or not.

New dogs are jumping on the block.  If you asked that question about Booker T 10 years the answer wouldn't be the same.  IMO:

8A Apopka vs whomever from the south won't be all that good of a game.  If Plant goes it still won't be a good game

7A Niceville vs Dwyer or East Lake will be a good one (don't county out East Lake) plus Both of those teams have several D1 players.  The ones for East Lake:

George Campbell - Michigan

Artavis Scott - Clemson

Devin Abraham - USF

Mason Cole - Michigan

Brandon Goettell - Undecided

So to say the least that Semifinal should be a good matchup and will bring a good final

6A Its looking like Armwood vs Central.  Rematch and Revenge game I like it

5A Lakewood vs American Heritage is what I see.  Don't look past Lakewood they are a team most of y'all never heard of but look at their college and NFL pedigree and you will see why I say don't over look them.  They always have D1 athletes EVERYEAR now they are being coached up correctly.... With that said I still think AMH would kill them so maybe not a good game but a good new dog on the block

4A. BTW was not going to be challenged in state this year that is just that

3A TCA vs New Dog CCC Both teams have numerous D1 athletes.  Don't sleep on this game.

2A Victory vs Champagnat - Yeah I know 2A ball but Champagnat looks like something different... Check out their highlights and you will see what I mean.

I think it will be an exciting finals season with new teams that will bring a different type of excitement.  Don't fear the unknown.

Guest Gridiron5

I think besides 6A. 5A can be a real exciting one. Champagnat is a better team then some people give them credit for. It just seems as 8A lost a lot of Buzz at this point now. TCA/CCC could be a nice game as well.

Miramar is a team that likes to play around and needs to realize it does't matter who you play or what sports analysis say you have to play ball regardless. Miramar did this same crap against Monarch and they eventually won and I'll be on the defense in saying I thought Palm Beach Gardens was going to get blown out. Oh yeah the attendance crowd is going to be down, well I don't know how well Palm Beach Gardens and South Dade travel.

Miramar is a team that likes to play around and needs to realize it does't matter who you play or what sports analysis say you have to play ball regardless. Miramar did this same crap against Monarch and they eventually won and I'll be on the defense in saying I thought Palm Beach Gardens was going to get blown out. Oh yeah the attendance crowd is going to be down, well I don't know how well Palm Beach Gardens and South Dade travel.

I don't think SD had very many people in their last playoff game…now obviously things can change because they are playing in December…but I agree i don't expect much of a crowd from SD. PBG….idk we'll see.