2018 Columbia Year of Redemption

DisabledAccount

I noticed while looking back on regular season schedule that Columbia dished out some payback on a few teams this year 

Buchholz- last time Columbia played Buchholz at citizens field (2016) they got up 23-0 before collapsing while playing with a backup qb and losing 26-23. This year Columbia shut Buchholz out at citizens field and won convincingly with a running clock 

Lee- Columbia had lost 3 straight to the Generals and lost the district back to back years.  Columbia answered the doubters who felt Columbia should keep their expectations at being victims to them for a 3rd year in a row and took back the district, they could play in the playoffs but if they do i expect a similar result to earlier in the year 

Madison County- a team Columbia hadn't beaten since 1966 when Columbia won 76-0 but this year the long term losing streak to Madison County was broken with a convincing home win (granted they didn't play every year in that stretch, in fact they had no games since 1966 until they played again in 2003 and had 7 games in the stretch heading into this year,  all wins for Madison) but I guess Columbia proved they aren't "baby brother" to 1a Madison 

Bolles- Columbia won last night 35-19 to avenge a OT loss to Bolles last year and since 2015 Columbia is 2-1 over Bolles and even though they don't play often it appears Columbia will now have some momentum heading into the post-season

Columbia may get a few potential opportunities to add to this list in playoffs (Lincoln, Viera, Lakeland??)

But even if they face none of them they certainly have cleaned up some old messes this year and it looks like we get Fletcher round 1 so it will be interesting how this game plays out