Which States Are Running Back Factories?

OldSchoolLion

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Of the top 100 most productive running backs ever in the NFL, 58 of them played hs football in one of 6 states.

1. Which are the six states?

2. Of the six states, which produced the most on the Top 100 list?

3. Of the six states, which state, per capita, produced the most on the Top 100 list?

Florida

Louisiana

Texas

California

Ohio

Alabama

California

Louisiana

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wild stab

NY?

That state used to be much better at developing players 

Kansas is another one I'm guessing?

NY is an interesting guess.  It's not one of the remaining three, but you are close.  Which northeastern state is kinda famous for producing good football players over the years?

3 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

FYI...Old school legends Jim Brown and Calvin Hill both played hs ball in NY.  And Ray Rice, who played for the Ravens not too long ago, came from NY as well.  

That's actually what made me choose NY because I thought many of the old school RBs came from the NY area 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Is Georgia one of the states?

Yes!  Georgia is #5 on the list, with 8 in the top 100.  Considering that state's population, that is very good.   I am sure you heard of Jamal Lewis, who came from Atlanta.  

Now the #6 one is a bit of a surprise, and it turns out this state has the highest number per capita of top 100 NFL rb's amongst the 6 states I asked for.  It's a mid Atlantic state.

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Yes!  Georgia is #5 on the list, with 8 in the top 100.  Considering that state's population, that is very good.   I am sure you heard of Jamal Lewis, who came from Atlanta.  

Now the #6 one is a bit of a surprise, and it turns out this state has the highest number per capita of top 100 NFL rb's amongst the 6 states I asked for.  It's a mid Atlantic state.

Virginia?

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Wow that's interesting

Sayers was always seen as one of best RBs of that era yet only played 5 years 

One of shortest careers of any NFL hall of famer 

In my previous post, I should have said that one of the greatest NFL rb's of all time comes from Wichita KS, just like Sayers.  Who is he?