St. Thomas Coach Rocco Casullo

Miamidade92

Any one know or has an idea on why Rocco stepped down as coach at STA? He was there for 4 years and won 2 state championships. 

He resigned after the football season and early this year took the head coaching job at Mater Academy charter school. Really strange. He went from one of the top teams in the country to a team that has never accomplished ANYTHING. 

Just curious. 

mabey the pressure got to him or something, it happens and even when u win u have to please certain parents and administrators and even winning a title aint enough for them to want u to stay but you might want to ask STARaider2014 if anyone on this formn would know it would be him

Mater Academy is a very young program, but has some upside. As for why he left I have heard a number of stories, but I am not going to speculate on a public forum out of respect for the parties involved.

What is certain is that something happened and he left. What that is I do not know and it could be anything. However, Roger Harriott is in control now and I am excited to see where he can take us!