Coach with Florida High School roots dies from Covid complications

Perspective

"A North Carolina college assistant football coach, described by colleagues as selfless, hard-working and always upbeat died Wednesday of complications from COVID-19, his fiancee posted on Facebook.

John Peacock joined Western Carolina University as the offensive line coach in the spring, according to the school."

Full article: https://www.yahoo.com/news/always-upbeat-nc-college-football-215536764.html

From the WCU website:  "Peacock coached eight years (2008-2015) at Buchholz High School in Gainesville, where he mentored the offensive and defensive line with both the junior varsity and varsity programs."

54 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

I saw this over the weekend and wondered whether he was related to Venice's HBC. Now you have confirmed the Florida connection though I still don't know if he is related to Venice's coach. He was only 32. That makes him younger than both my sons. I hope I don't live to bury any of my children. 

I had the same question (and I certainly share the same sentiment regarding my kids).  

Best I can tell, the two guys shared the same name (John Peacock) and the same profession (coaching football), but I don't see anything that ties the two together.   I believe the coach at Venice is a Venice native and/or long-time resident.   The deceased coach is described in the WCU coaching bio as a Gainesville native. 

Interestingly, this would have been the deceased Peacock's first year coaching at WCU and he would have been coaching along side first year head coach Kirwin Bell (the Throwin' Mayoan), former Gator QB.