Fleming Island Football

Joker99

A familiar face is returning back to Fleming Island's sideline's this coming season with the return of Evan Scharf as offensive coordinator.

With Evan back after being the Offensive Coordinator from 2009 till 2013 the Golden Eagles will be a force on the offensive side of the ball once again. After nothing but disappointing seasons since his departure. Coach Scharf is one of the brightest offensive minds in North Florida and will undoubtedly bring success back to Fleming Island. Under his leadership the offense at Fleming Island was a balanced spread. Often times I believe that was the key to a lot of the success at Fleming Island. When you can call a game at any down or distance balanced it keeps defense's on their feet. It's a lot harder to play defense when you don't know what is coming and unfortunately that was one of the things that disappointed me the most about how we were playing these past couple of seasons. We ran the ball 75% of the time if not more than that going away from what we did best in all of the successful years prior.

Just to comment on the hiring of Coach Springs as head coach, as an alumni of the program I couldn't be prouder of the person that the principal and athletic director chose to guide this program. He has been at Fleming Island for a long time and knows what it takes to win and knows how to get the best out of each and every player and his passion for the kids not only as players but as people is unmatched and I look forward to seeing what he brings to the table as the head coach with a full offseason at the helm.

They were capable last year and with a vastly improved offense they will be again. Just look at the scores of those games last year in every game they had a chance to win... They were up on Oakleaf in the 2nd half, up on Bucholz in the 2nd half and BT only won by 1 TD... I think narrow losses and one big loss on the first night of the season, and playing down to opponents has undermined the success of last years team. Were they what we expect to see from Fleming Island, no... I think anyone who knows who I am can tell that I wasn't very happy with the success of last season, but for a team to lose there coach in the middle of the season and just win after that says a lot about the kids and those coaches who stayed. Did any of the teams you mention lose there offensive coordinator, head coach, and another assistant coach in the middle of the season?

But I'll tell you this about Coach Springs, Fleming Island won't be soft anymore.

And I promise you this about Coach Scharf, nobody in this district or region knows how to light up a scoreboard more than Coach Scharf.

Fleming Island Football is back and get used to that.

They were capable last year and with a vastly improved offense they will be again. Just look at the scores of those games last year in every game they had a chance to win... They were up on Oakleaf in the 2nd half, up on Bucholz in the 2nd half and BT only won by 1 TD... I think narrow losses and one big loss on the first night of the season, and playing down to opponents has undermined the success of last years team. Were they what we expect to see from Fleming Island, no... I think anyone who knows who I am can tell that I wasn't very happy with the success of last season, but for a team to lose there coach in the middle of the season and just win after that says a lot about the kids and those coaches who stayed. Did any of the teams you mention lose there offensive coordinator, head coach, and another assistant coach in the middle of the season?

But I'll tell you this about Coach Springs, Fleming Island won't be soft anymore.

And I promise you this about Coach Scharf, nobody in this district or region knows how to light up a scoreboard more than Coach Scharf.

Fleming Island Football is back and get used to that.

Creekside is a project in the making I guess...but between Bartram Trail, Buchholz, Fleming Island and Oakleaf , 7A-3 appears to be a pretty strong 7A District.  How would you rank the the 7A Districts say Orlando north?

District 3 will knock out district 4 and whoever makes it out of district 3 would likely face us in 3rd round

Didn't you guys (Columbia) lose a good amount of starters, something like 9 of 11 of defense, and have to replace a slew of playmaking WR's? I don't know much about what is coming back for Columbia. Are you expecting their level of play to be the same?

We always lose talent thats nothing new but every postion besides receiver on offense is returning including starting running back and quarterback and entire OL returning so that's a good start and the year before we list basically over Haft our defensive starters only to have last years defense basically exceed the defense of 2014 so I expect us to be at same level if not better

As far as public schools in duval, I think I'd say Raines, and Sandalwood may be the best right now. I've heard rumors that Ribault will have a pretty good team too.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread though. Fleming Island, during the Webb era, and at the beginning of the Hall era were some really physical, disciplined, tough teams. I've always admired them, because I never thought they had that great of athletes, but could play with anybody. I watched all of their clashes with First Coast, and they would lose, usually on some fluke play late in the 4th qtr. FC seemed to be the luckiest team alive for a while, but they were extremely talented.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...