IMG?

DisabledAccount

Can someone clear this up.   Are there other schools that actually recruit players like they do?  Like actively reach out directly to kids/families?  I'm not talking about teams that people think recruit, I mean teams that admit that they do.   

Edit... also do the big high schools in basketball actively recruit?  Like Montverde, Oakhill, Findlay Prep?  As in openly reach out to players/families?

I know of stories where college's recruit 8th grade kids for football. Not just one story but several. 

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/alabama-makes-offer-to-8th-grade-lb-phenom-jesus-machado

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/athletes-celebrities/news/8th-grader-offered-football-scholarship-alabama-and-lsu

I suppose I could find more if I tried.

If you aren't allowed to contend for a district, regional, or a state title...you shouldn't be allowed to contend for a MNC.

Get your facts straight my man.  IMG are a full member of the FHSAA and are allowed to compete for a state title.  IMG chose not to do that and I believe it was a good decision by them.  Being a Manatee fan I don't like them taking titles from public schools unlike some other privates that recruit but are not willing to admit it and do take titles from other deserving schools.  The major offender down in Ft. Lauderdale STA has take titles from Manatee and Lakeland over the years.  Manatee has developed a good relationship with IMG recently and plays numerous 7 v 7 scrimmages.  It has worked really well for both schools. 

Get your facts straight my man. IMG are a full member of the FHSAA and are allowed to compete for a state title. IMG chose not to do that and I believe it was a good decision by them. Being a Manatee fan I don't like them taking titles from public schools unlike some other privates that recruit but are not willing to admit it and do take titles from other deserving schools. The major offender down in Ft. Lauderdale STA has take titles from Manatee and Lakeland over the years. Manatee has developed a good relationship with IMG recently and plays numerous 7 v 7 scrimmages. It has worked really well for both schools.

Would love to. Send me some links to facts because everything I have seen or read states:

They were admitted membership into the FHSAA, as an independent school and not as a full member, provided they do not recruit the state of Florida. As an independent, partial member they are not permitted (completely different than choosing not to) to compete for State championships.

I have read numerous articles stating this and would be glad to read "the facts" as presented by you with any articles of proof.

Would love to. Send me some links to facts because everything I have seen or read states:

They were admitted membership into the FHSAA, as an independent school and not as a full member, provided they do not recruit the state of Florida. As an independent, partial member they are not permitted (completely different than choosing not to) to compete for State championships.

I have read numerous articles stating this and would be glad to read "the facts" as presented by you with any articles of proof.

Talk to the FHSAA.  They will verify that they are full members who chose not to play for a state championship.