KO Classic Buchholz at Trinity Catholic This Friday

Proseteye

Both Columbia and Vanguard can get a preview of how good Buchholz is. A tough 7A team will be comin' on down to Celtic Field to take on 3A Trinity. We have never played Buchholz so don't know what to expect. I've seen them play North Marion and they always give the Colts headaches. We are a much better team than last season so we will see.  :unsure:

Both Columbia and Vanguard can get a preview of how good Buchholz is. A tough 7A team will be comin' on down to Celtic Field to take on 3A Trinity. We have never played Buchholz so don't know what to expect. I've seen them play North Marion and they always give the Colts headaches. We are a much better team than last season so we will see. :unsure:

They are a talented football team that started coming on a resurgence 2 years ago and then last year with winning district, this year they replace their qb but outside of that I haven't Heard of a lot of losses and they supposed to be good again this year, they will be tough team for you, wish you luck and be sure to let me know afterwards what you see with them ;)

Some stats for Buchholz in 2015 and current roster:

*Their starting QB Jackson White graduated. Passed for 2732 yds with a .611% completion ratio.

*Replaced by Sr Scott Lester. Played in 4 games with 33 passes, .545% completion ratio, 2 Int. 

*Torrey Richardson  Sr RB 782 yds

*Khauriee Sullivan   Sr RB 370 yds

*Bryan Jaszczak Sr WR  930 yds

*Luke Wittemore Sr WR  883 yds

*Barry Moore Freshman WR  773 yds (773 yds as an 8th grader)

*Lost about 1/2 of their defensive producers to graduation

Buchholz averaged 31 ppg and 22 ppg scored against them.

From the stands I will be evaluating these players. 

My thoughts are two fold:

Lester has at least 3 experienced WR's. If he can pass as well as White did then we may be in trouble. If he can't then I don't believe that his running game is strong enough to work against our defense. 

Allowing 22 ppg tells me that their defense is their weak point. Trinity has a very balanced offense and is tough to stop once they determine what their opponent's disadvantages are. 

All of this being said, it is only a preseason game, doesn't count, but allows the coaches to evaluate players and test out formations in real time. 

Congrats on your win, Columbia. Apopka is not an easy team to beat.

Well, you were almost right. The Celtics lost 26-20. Both teams are not ready for prime time, IMHO. So many penalties I lost count. I think the refs were taking themselves too seriously. Let the youngster play, for pete's sake. 

I don't think that Columbia or Vanguard will have too much trouble with Buchholz. They are really not that good or Trinity is really that good. I don't know which. The Celtics had too many personal fouls which cost them big time. There were times when we moved right down the field on the ground and scored easily. Then, there were other times where we just couldn't handle success, running plays that just weren't working. For some reason our top RB was not used until the 4th quarter and then he rushed for big yardage. 

The Buchholz QB will not take them to the playoffs. He's OK but nothing to write home about. They do have a couple of good RB's that moved the ball. Torrey Richardson jr and Khauree Sullivan did most of the groundwork. Richardson is big and fast. Bryan Jaszczak is a pretty good WR. 

I actually thought that we lost the game by shooting ourselves in the foot too many times. But, Buchholz won the game fair and square and just might have been the better team on this night. 

Congrats on your win, Columbia. Apopka is not an easy team to beat.

Well, you were almost right. The Celtics lost 26-20. Both teams are not ready for prime time, IMHO. So many penalties I lost count. I think the refs were taking themselves too seriously. Let the youngster play, for pete's sake.

I don't think that Columbia or Vanguard will have too much trouble with Buchholz. They are really not that good or Trinity is really that good. I don't know which. The Celtics had too many personal fouls which cost them big time. There were times when we moved right down the field on the ground and scored easily. Then, there were other times where we just couldn't handle success, running plays that just weren't working. For some reason our top RB was not used until the 4th quarter and then he rushed for big yardage.

The Buchholz QB will not take them to the playoffs. He's OK but nothing to write home about. They do have a couple of good RB's that moved the ball. Torrey Richardson jr and Khauree Sullivan did most of the groundwork. Richardson is big and fast. Bryan Jaszczak is a pretty good WR.

I actually thought that we lost the game by shooting ourselves in the foot too many times. But, Buchholz won the game fair and square and just might have been the better team on this night.

Your right you have to be elite or borderline elite team to beat Apopka. I'll be able to tell you which one it is with buchholz being down or OTC being good once we play buchholz in 3 weeks

Good luck to your team this year