CONTEST: FAN TOP 20 - Pick your Top 20 Large School teams (5A, 6A, 7A & 8A) to start the season

Joshua Wilson

In the spirit of launching our new Florida HS Football Media Poll, we are giving fans to post their Top 20 teams for the large schools division (Classes 5A, 6A, 7A & 8A). All of our pollsters received a guide of teams to consider and I will provide you as list of the teams here that you can consider or better yet, put a team that you think should be there instead. 

For an added bonus, whoever's Large Schools Division Top 20 is closest to what the preseason poll comes out to be, will earn a FREE 1 year MVP Subscription from FloridaHSFootball.com, which is valued at $59.99 a year! All entries will lock at 9:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM CT on Monday, August 19th.

Teams to consider:

American Heritage (Plantation), 5A

Apopka, 8A

Armwood, 6A

Baker County, 5A

Bartram Trail, 6A

Bishop Kenny, 5A

BIshop Moore, 5A

Boyd Anderson, 7A

Columbia, 6A

Columbus, 8A

Cypress Bay, 8A

Dr. Phillips, 8A

Dunbar, 5A

Dwyer, 7A

East Lake, 8A

Evans, 8A

First Coast, 8A

Fletcher, 7A

Fleming Island, 7A

Fort Myers, 7A

Fort Pierce Central, 8A

Gainesville, 6A

Gaither, 7A

Godby, 5A

Heritage (Palm Bay), 6A

Hillsborough, 6A

Immokalee, 5A

Lake Brantley, 8A

Lake Gibson, 6A

Lakeland, 7A

Largo, 6A

Lincoln, 7A

Mainland, 6A

Manatee, 8A

Merritt Island, 5A

Miami Central, 6A

Miami Jackson, 5A

Miami Killian, 8A

Miami Norland, 6A

MIami Northwestern, 6A

Miramar, 8A

Monarch, 8A

Mount Dora, 5A

Naples, 6A

Navarre, 6A

New Smyrna Beach, 6A

Newsome, 8A

Osceola (Kissimmee), 7A

Oviedo, 8A

Palm Bay, 5A

Palm Beach Gardens, 8A

Palmetto, 7A

Park Vista, 8A

Pasco, 5A

Pensacola Catholic, 5A

Plant, 8A

Plantation, 7A

Ponte Vedra, 5A

Ridge Community, 7A

RIdgeview, 5A

Robinson, 6A

St. Augustine, 6A

St. Thomas Aquinas, 7A

Sandalwood, 8A

Seminole RIdge, 8A

South Dade, 8A

South Fort Myers, 6A

South Plantation, 8A

South Sumter, 5A

Southwest Miami, 8A

Springstead, 6A

Taravella, 8A

Timber Creek, 8A

Vero Beach, 8A

Venice, 6A

Wakulla, 5A

West Florida, 5A

Winter Haven, 6A

Yulee, 5A

Again see a team you want to put in your Top 20 that is not listed? Put them in!

Have fun with this and discuss away!

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

LOL I DONT WANT YOU GUYS TO THINK I'M A HOMER BUT I TRULLY BELIEVE DILLARD SHOULD BE UP THERE BUT YOU KNOW WHAT EVEN IF THEY ARE PUT UP THERE OR NOT DILLARD ARE GOING TO SHOCK A LOT OF PEOPLE THIS YEAR! TRUST ME AND WHEN IT HAPPEN I'M GOING TO COME BACK ON HERE & YOU GUYS GOING ARE ONLY GOING TO BE ABLE TO SAY ONE THING YOU WAS RIGHT.

What does Ely have coming back this season?

And make sure you tell your friends to come join in the conversation so we don't leave anyone out of the conversation.

My top 20 for the large classification is:

1. Miami Central

2. STA

3. Apopka 

4. Manatee

5. Dr. Phillips

6. Lincoln

7. Naples

8. Northwestern

9. First Coast

10. Cypress Bay

11. Plant

12. Armwood

13. Killian

14. Gainsville

15. Venice

16. Mainland

17. Lakeland

18. Dwyer

19. Mirmar

20. Fleming Island

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

I DONT KNOW WHAT ELY HAS COMING BACK ALL I KNOW IS SOUL BOWL IS GOING TO BE AT THERE SCHOOL AND WERE GOING TO STOMP A MUD HOLE IN DEM BOYS BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH JOKER YOU DONT THINK DILLARD CAN BE IN YOUR TOP 20???

I DONT KNOW WHAT ELY HAS COMING BACK ALL I KNOW IS SOUL BOWL IS GOING TO BE AT THERE SCHOOL AND WERE GOING TO STOMP A MUD HOLE IN DEM BOYS BUT SERIOUSLY THOUGH JOKER YOU DONT THINK DILLARD CAN BE IN YOUR TOP 20???

I meant to say Dillard.

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

NAAA ELY ISNT GOING TO BE INDEPENDENT THIS YEAR THERE 7A THEY HAVE GLADES CENTRAL AT HOME NORTHWERSTERN AT HOME THEY TRAVEL TO MLK IN G.A FOR THE 1ST GAME OF THE SEASON AND THEY ALSO TRAVEL TO NORTHEAST B.A AND CARDINAL GIBBONS THIS YEAR

NAAA ELY ISNT GOING TO BE INDEPENDENT THIS YEAR THERE 7A THEY HAVE GLADES CENTRAL AT HOME NORTHWERSTERN AT HOME THEY TRAVEL TO MLK IN G.A FOR THE 1ST GAME OF THE SEASON AND THEY ALSO TRAVEL TO NORTHEAST B.A AND CARDINAL GIBBONS THIS YEAR

Hmmmmm that game vs MLK will tell alot that is a very good team up in GA. Glades Central can be tough and Northwestern is going to be pretty good again...I think they have their heads on straight again and are ready to return to glory although I dont think they will in 2013. Caridnal Gibbons....ugh idk truthfully except they suck :D

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

@JOKER DILLARD HAVE ALOT COMING BACK THIS YEAR WE HAVE DIXON WE HAVE TURNER WHO GOING TO COMMITE TO MIAMI WERE GOING TO SHOCK ALOT OF PPL & DEPENDING ON HOW LONG THE STARTERS PLAY NEXT WEEK VS ST THOMAS YOU WILL SEE JUST HOW TALENTED WE ARE WERE GOING TO TO GIVE ST THOMAS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY

@JOKER DILLARD HAVE ALOT COMING BACK THIS YEAR WE HAVE DIXON WE HAVE TURNER WHO GOING TO COMMITE TO MIAMI WERE GOING TO SHOCK ALOT OF PPL & DEPENDING ON HOW LONG THE STARTERS PLAY NEXT WEEK VS ST THOMAS YOU WILL SEE JUST HOW TALENTED WE ARE WERE GOING TO TO GIVE ST THOMAS A RUN FOR THERE MONEY

Turner.....and hopefully Dixon both head down to MIAMI:) would be nice to have both! 

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

@STA IKR AND I MUST SAY I LOVE YOU GUYS CROWD AT ST THOMAS IT'S NOT 1 GAME I HAVE WENT TO THAT THE GAMES WAS NOT JAMMED PACK I LOVE YOU GUYS SCHOOL SPIRIT & IM PRETTY SURE ITS GOING TO BE PACKED NEXT WEEK AS WELL ON BOTH SIDES LIKE IT WAS LAST KICK OFF CLASSICS

@STA IKR AND I MUST SAY I LOVE YOU GUYS CROWD AT ST THOMAS IT'S NOT 1 GAME I HAVE WENT TO THAT THE GAMES WAS NOT JAMMED PACK I LOVE YOU GUYS SCHOOL SPIRIT & IM PRETTY SURE ITS GOING TO BE PACKED NEXT WEEK AS WELL ON BOTH SIDES LIKE IT WAS LAST KICK OFF CLASSICS

Now that is one thing both HS' I support have. I have STA and another one here in North Carolina and both schools have great fanbases. Dillard will bring their crowd and that game will be rocking for sure! Should be a good time had by all wish I was down there this yr but I will find my way down to the 954 here for a couple games. 

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

YOUR RIGHT ON THAT SADLY THE BAND WANT B THERE CUZ THERE GOING TO BE GETTING READY FOR THE OFFICAL FIRST GAME WITCH IS A HOME GAME VS PLANTATION ...SO THAT MEAN WERE GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER FROM ST THOMAS BAND FOR A DOMINANT PROGRAM LIKE ST THOMAS THE BAND ISNT ALL THAT LOL...NO OFFENSE

YOUR RIGHT ON THAT SADLY THE BAND WANT B THERE CUZ THERE GOING TO BE GETTING READY FOR THE OFFICAL FIRST GAME WITCH IS A HOME GAME VS PLANTATION ...SO THAT MEAN WERE GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER FROM ST THOMAS BAND FOR A DOMINANT PROGRAM LIKE ST THOMAS THE BAND ISNT ALL THAT LOL...NO OFFENSE

None taken DHS hahaha hey private school bands are not always the best...we know that so we leave it to the pros such as Dillars, Ely, Miami Jackson and Miami NWestern just to name a few. Sometimes the bands are funner to watch than the game to be truthful unless its a total classic from start to finish at times during a game the band can draw more attention ill say that. 

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

& THEY DO DILLARD ALWAYS BRINGS A SHOW THATS WHY I LOVE THERE BAND BANDS LIKE ST THOMAS WANT TO PLAY COCO CABANA & BETHOVEN SMH DONT NOBODY GOT TIME 4 DAT LOL

First Coast's band was always a treat.

When they play that song that they play when the other team is driving down the field. Or when they score. You can just feel the momentum just swaying back to the Bucs. There is no other feeling in the world to describe it. You have to be there for yourself.