2nd Qt Cardinal Gibbons 10 Dillard 6

THIS_IS_DILLARD

Both teams are coming off a lost one was lopsided (gibbons) & one was controversial (Dillard) but even before all that I still marked this as a game that will be tough for Dillard to win. Especially after all that we’ve lost. 

between the Koc & the first 2 games what I’ve seen from Dillard is that they’re offense is a lot more potent & can score off a big play quicker then they could have in years & the defense is still stout when they’re not force to be on the field for most of the game.

gibbons will be the fav (as they should be) in this game despite them being blown out & held to 4 points last week vs chaminade. 

I see this being a good game & even tho Dillard gave Naples all they could handle & was robbed last week @ Naples (in my opinion) Dillard still wouldn’t get this benefit of the doubt this week because they have no signature wins as of late to stand on. Winning this tho would most def be a signature win for a team that was predicted to not even win 4 games after the mass exodus ; so we will just have to see come Friday. GO PANTHERS! @VeniceIndianFan @Jullian @nolebull813

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to Cardinal Gibbons (1-1) @ Dillard (1-1)

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Both teams are coming off a lost one was lopsided (gibbons) & one was controversial (Dillard) but even before all that I still marked this as a game that will be tough for Dillard to win. Especially after all that we’ve lost. 

between the Koc & the first 2 games what I’ve seen from Dillard is that they’re offense is a lot more potent & can score off a big play quicker then they could have in years & the defense is still stout when they’re not force to be on the field for most of the game.

gibbons will be the fav (as they should be) in this game despite them being blown out & held to 4 points last week vs chaminade. 

I see this being a good game & even tho Dillard gave Naples all they could handle & was robbed last week @ Naples (in my opinion) Dillard still wouldn’t get this benefit of the doubt this week because they have no signature wins as of late to stand on. Winning this tho would most def be a signature win for a team that was predicted to not even win 4 games after the mass exodus ; so we will just have to see come Friday. GO PANTHERS! @VeniceIndianFan @Jullian @nolebull813

A real battle & a needed win for both teams, in light of what’s up ahead!!!!

Didnt see the speed Gibbons usually have. Running game isn’t what it’s been in the past either. Just don’t have the playmakers this year. 

Haven’t seen Dillard yet. Panthers seem to lose focus & make mistakes late in the game. 

Home crowd has to back the Panthers to victory!!!!!

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

A real battle & a needed win for both teams, in light of what’s up ahead!!!!

Didnt see the speed Gibbons usually have. Running game isn’t what it’s been in the past either. Just don’t have the playmakers this year. 

Haven’t seen Dillard yet. Panthers seem to lose focus & make mistakes late in the game. 

Home crowd has to back the Panthers to victory!!!!!

Let’s hope you’re right this would be our first time playing gibbons since 2018 so aye let’s go. I try not to put much expectation on this year because we lost a lot and Dillard is extremely young. 

they just have to put it all together. Will it be this year or next we will see. 

23 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Cardinal Gibbons is not who they used to be. Dillard by 14 or more to get back into the win column!

14 minutes ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Cardinal Gibbons is not who they used to be. Dillard by 14 or more to get back into the win column!

Idk now gibbons is ranked in every poll Dillard is not. And it was mentioned that gibbons team out of NC that gibbons beat is really good so personally I still think with everything Dillard has lost we would be the underdogs in this game. 

gibbons is still well coached & Dillard has yet to pick up a signature win over a broward power house. So as much as I would love to get this win because originally I marked this game as a lost when I saw the schedule ; I have to see Dillard start well & finish well to seal the deal at home. 

On 9/6/2023 at 9:51 AM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Im rooting for yall boys, You should e pretty evenly matched just about who wants it more. Good luck dillard

I was surprised that Cardinal Gibbons from North Carolina was beating them the whole game before Florida Gibbons had a furious comeback. I don’t hold the Chaminade blowout against them because Chaminade is top 10 in the country. But they need to prove they belong. This is a statement game for both teams. 1-2 on the season doesn’t look good. 

39 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I was surprised that Cardinal Gibbons from North Carolina was beating them the whole game before Florida Gibbons had a furious comeback. I don’t hold the Chaminade blowout against them because Chaminade is top 10 in the country. But they need to prove they belong. This is a statement game for both teams. 1-2 on the season doesn’t look good. 

It wouldn’t look good for gibbons more they’re ranked in every poll Dillard is not. Gibbons is predicted to win this game by double digits by almost everyone. 

if anything this is another statement game in front of them. Losing over 20+ transfers 2 months ago a head coach & a DC a lot of folks didn’t see Dillard even winning 3 games. 

I even had this game penciled as a loss. Add that with Dillard having zero quality wins many don’t expect us to win this game anyway. So for Dillard this is another chance for them to earn some respect. 

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to 1st Qt Cardinal Gibbons 3 Dillard 0
  • THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to 2nd Qt Cardinal Gibbons 3 Dillard 6