• I cold be wrong, but I'm thinking there's no way this team competes with Good Counsel, MNW or STA this year.  At least right now. So that's three losses right there.  Throw in South Dade or Miami Palmetto who always plays us tough - it's not hard to see 4 losses on the season right now before playoffs. But it's early. On the positive side, we do have a stud receiver returning in Bryce Fitzgerald, I just hope we can settle in on a QB to get him the ball. Young kid from Palm Beach transferred in this spring looking for a starting QB job, but he was the least impressive of the 4 I saw. We have 1 or 2 notable playmakers on defense (including Fitzgerald who plays DB too) - but we graduated 8 starters (3 playing D1 next year) and our best returning player Chavez was out injured - and they are moving him to a receiver/slot back position anyway, so let's see if that opens things up for 4* Fitzgerald at WR. We just have limited playmakers and smaller OLine than we have had in a while. The coaches always do well with what we have, so I should be careful not to overstate how much of a rebuilding year this is - but when you lose your Dade County player of the year QB and the majority of an impressive defense, I need to be realistic. If you watched it, you'd feel similar. I do feel a bit better after reading BV's QB Carter Smith is apparently the #1 rated QB in the state. That explains why he torched our young guys so badly with 27 straight points before the boys had an answer. But it's clear we had some real inconsistencies on offense. I'm hoping with time and the selection of a starter, things will settle down there.
    • Don’t throw in the towel yet Columbus, rumor has it, off the street, not from the administration or coaches, that Central & Chaminade are holding a recruiting seminar , of course for pay. Topics like 1) How to recruit the Nation & make it look like “your team was sought out”. 2) How to get over 20 transfers without the FHSAA questioning it. 3) How to reach over to Naples & other out of countyFlorida non powers & snatch their best players for the betterment of high school football. Etc……
    • https://x.com/Omar_Haugabook/status/1794633754444783687
    • 7-4 implies losing in the first round of the playoffs. Based on the brackets in the south, I can't see Columbus going one and done in the playoffs. Maybe 8-4 or 7-5 with a loss to Palmetto or similar team in the second round if you have really dropped off a lot. 
  • Popular Contributors