Hardee @ Southeast

Hwy17

Earlier this season I started a thread on these two.  As expected, they're both the leaders in district 5a-11.  Both teams with with new coaches this year.

The skinny:  Both teams are 3-0 in the district.  Hardee is 5-2, Southeast 3-3.  A Hardee win = a district championship.  A Southeast win and they are in the driver seat for the district; would still need to beat Booker to avoid a possible 3-way tie.   These two teams were in this position last year when Southeast pulled the upset and made the playoffs while Hardee had a late season meltdown, losing to rival Desoto the following week and missing the playoffs.   In my opinion, these two are about as evenly matched as two teams can get.  

Southeast seems to be on and off. The Mooney game can probably be excused (game postponed, coach attending a funeral). Didn't play that well until the end of the Lemon Bay game. They need to get more consistent. I think they'll be up for this game because of the importance, but they can't have a bad start.