Sanford Seminole

badbird

Seminole is dominating Lake Brantley up 31-0 to start the fourth.  They lost in the state semifinals last year to Dr. Phillips in a game they could have easily won.  They had a lot of seniors last year and are very young this year.  They are starting a freshman QB Timmy McClain who has been very impressive in this game.  Don Stark is a very good coach and has them rolling.  I wouldn't want to play Seminole for the next few years.  I think they are too young this year but wouldn't count them out.

1 minute ago, badbird said:

Seminole is dominating Lake Brantley up 31-0 to start the fourth.  They lost in the state semifinals last year to Dr. Phillips in a game they could have easily won.  They had a lot of seniors last year and are very young this year.  They are starting a freshman QB Timmy McClain who has been very impressive in this game.  Don Stark is a very good coach and has them rolling.  I wouldn't want to play Seminole for the next few years.  I think they are too young this year but wouldn't count them out.

I think they a contender but lake Brantley is not very strong this year 

Is there any big matchups for Seminole before playoffs?

Lake Brantley after week 1 lost to Bishop Moore 35-34 in a game they led by 14 twice and went for 2 at the end and lost.  Then they beat a good Winter Haven team and then they lost to OC University by 14 but Lake Brantley took the lead with under 4 minutes left 21-20 then gave up a long pass and OC University scored on the last play of the game on a defensive TD.  So I wouldn't say Lake Brantley is bad.  They have a brutal schedule and this is a very impressive win for Seminole

26 minutes ago, badbird said:

I totally agree with your comments above. I left the game at the end of the third with Seminole leading 31-0, as it was clear that barring a miracle LB was done for the night. I did not have a roster and was going to inquire as to the grade of the Seminole QB, who is a skinny kid, but is very elusive and was actually going through his progressions very well before letting the ball go. Given that he is a freshman, should he put on a few inches, 20 or more pounds, and continue to develop, I could easily see him play QB at a FBS college. 

I would add that numbers 7 and 18 also impressed me, even though 18 did drop an on the money pass. However, his 65 yard catch and run was good and he is also a capable kicker.

The only weakness I saw on the Seminole team was their kick coverage which I think can be improved. For a team that lost  17 or 18 starters from last year, they are a very good, if young team, and I would not want to have to play them come November. i would not be surprised to see Seminole again make a deep run.

2 hours ago, badbird said:

#7 O'shae Baker is very good and only a sophomore.  #18 is a junior.  I would say offensively they don't have the same running game they had last year but I'm sure they will get better.  The talent is young but it is there

They reminded me a little bit of Apopka 2012 by game 6 or 7 that year. Not that they run the same offense or a similar defensive scheme, but in terms of their potential. While young, in an 8A that does not seem to have any real standout team, I would not be shocked to see them make a run.