Hardee

BrowardHandicapper

Just when I was starting to keep an eye on Hardee as a potential 5A playoff sleeper , they lose to Bayshore 8-7?

Is that score correct?

Looking at Bayshore, they have lost 3 games by a combined 5 points and 4 games by a combined 11 points.  Probably not nearly as bad as their record but I did expect Hardee  to win that game...

Bayshore is pretty much the step-child of Manatee county. Their district boundary neighbors Manatee's boundary. So, alot of kids choose to head to Manatee instead of Bayshore. They lost their QB to Manatee this year. Although he isn't a game breaker, he would have at least given them a bit more experience and they possibly could have won some of those close games.

9 minutes ago, gwdrum75 said:

Bayshore is pretty much the step-child of Manatee county. Their district boundary neighbors Manatee's boundary. So, alot of kids choose to head to Manatee instead of Bayshore. They lost their QB to Manatee this year. Although he isn't a game breaker, he would have at least given them a bit more experience and they possibly could have won some of those close games.

Gotcha.  Do you think that influx of players is going to continue to go up leaving Bayshore to Manatee with the recent rule change?

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Gotcha.  Do you think that influx of players is going to continue to go up leaving Bayshore to Manatee with the recent rule change?

If a kid has the choice, he's definitely going to go to Manatee vs. Bayshore. I can't see the numbers going down, so I think it will only go up. Although, with Manatee not being the King of Manatee County anymore, some of those kids may decide to head east to Braden River. Southeast might be looking more appealing right now as well.

I've haven't really had a chance to see Hardee this year.  Last 3 games were blowout wins.  Perhaps over-confidence or underestimating Bayshore?  I heard Hardee had a lot of penalties that killed scoring opportunities.  Bayshore beat Hardee in 2014, their only win that year too.  

http://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20171012/bruins-snap-losing-skid-stretching-to-2015