Does St Lucie County play 9 game seasons?

nolebull813

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

I was looking at the records for St Lucie county teams for the last decade or so and all the teams finished with 9 game records for missing the playoffs. 

Westwood went 1-8 four straight years. 

Is this a rule for the county? Anyone know more info about this? 

Yes but they changed it like last year or year before 

Per a 2016 article in the TC Palm: 

St. Lucie County’s five public schools — Fort Pierce Central, Fort Pierce Westwood, Port St. Lucie, St. Lucie West Centennial and Treasure Coast — have been playing nine-game regular season schedules since 2010.

The county began reducing games and coaching supplements in sports because of budget concerns in 2008, but football remain untouched at the time. In 2010, the county also reduced the number of football games, which former county athletic director Jay Stewart said was because of Title IX.

Per the 2016 article, those five schools would be allowed to play a full slate of 10 games in 2017 because of the changes the FHSAA made for the playoff system. 

8 hours ago, Bocefous70 said:

We even tried to petition to pay for a 10th game out of our own football budget when I coached at fort pierce central but they wouldn’t let us. 

I always hate to hear stories of bureaucratic B.S. screwing people over. These are human beings that have the power to override what some piece of paper says. 

Glad it's all worked it self out now