Cord Sandberg (Former Manatee QB) retires from Baseball to seek football Scholarship

gatorman-uf

Sometimes it is interesting how things play out. I saw him play once in 2011 and 2012, he seemed a big talented type of guy who would have excelled at Mississippi State for Mullen. If he chooses the Gators, I think it is great.

More interesting to me is one of the linked articles in the article, where he chose baseball because of the potential longer career due to the fear of concussions. When we talk of a dying sport this is something that we should continually talk about. 

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/florida-gators/2018/07/05/why-cord-sandbergs-baseball-retirement-could-help-florida-gators-football/

2 minutes ago, gatorman-uf said:

Sometimes it is interesting how things play out. I saw him play once in 2011 and 2012, he seemed a big talented type of guy who would have excelled at Mississippi State for Mullen. If he chooses the Gators, I think it is great.

More interesting to me is one of the linked articles in the article, where he chose baseball because of the potential longer career due to the fear of concussions. When we talk of a dying sport this is something that we should continually talk about. 

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/florida-gators/2018/07/05/why-cord-sandbergs-baseball-retirement-could-help-florida-gators-football/

Very interesting decision. I saw Sanberg in the state title game against First Coast. He impressed me a lot. I totally got his decision to play baseball instead. It is what I would have done if I were in his situation, as concussions are a real issue. 

Hope it's not too late for him to resurrect his football career.