St Thomas Aquinas vs Miami Dade Individual Game Results

OldSchoolLion

St Thomas Aquinas vs Miami-Dade County 1968-2018 37 wins-6 losses

Note: regular season game unless noted otherwise

Monsignor Pace never made the playoffs between 1974-1981.

Archbishop Curley made the playoffs once between 1974 and 1980

1974 Win Monsignor Pace 7-0

1974 Loss Archbishop Curley 12-0

1975 Win Monsignor Pace 27-7

1975 Win Archbishop Curley 21-14

1976 Win Monsignor Pace 14-0

1976 Win Archbishop Curley 25-8

1977 Win Monsignor Pace 21-0

1977 Win Archbishop Curley 28-7

1978 Win Monsignor Pace 61-8

1978 Win Archbishop Curley 40-14

1978 Win Sunset 67-14

1979 Win Edison 34-16 (Edison did not make playoffs)

1979 Win Monsignor Pace 39-0 (Sunset did not make playoffs)

1979 Win Archbishop Curley 24-7

1980 Win Monsignor Pace 55-6

1980 Win Archbishop Curley 45-13

1980 Win Edison 55-6 (playoff)

1981 Monsignor Pace 35-7

1981 Win South Dade 34-0 (playoff)

1982 Loss Homestead 32-28 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1983 Win Homestead 16-8 (Homestead lost first round of 3A playoffs to STA)

1983 Win Homestead 10-7 (OT) (playoff)

1984 Loss Homestead 40-13 (playoff-Homestead later lost in 3A state semis)

1986 Win Homestead 29-14 (playoff)

1994 Win South Dade 42-21 (playoff)

1995 Loss South Dade 24-0 (playoff-South Dade later lost in 5A second round)

1996 Win South Dade 10-0 (playoff)

1997 Win South Dade 13-0 (playoff)

2001 Win Booker T Washington 13-6 (BTW lost first round in 4A playoffs)

2002 Win Booker T Washington 24-8 (BTW lost second round of 4A playoffs)

2003 Loss Edison 32-13 (playoff-Edison later lost 41-0 in 5A state semi's)

2004 Win Edison 21-19 (playoff)

2011 Win American 58-14 (playoff)

2012 Win Columbus 38-28 (Columbus lost in 8A state semis and was 9-5; Columbus lost to NW, Central and KIllian)

2013 Win Northwestern 38-3 (NW did not make playoffs and was 4-5)

2013 Win Miami Springs 56-0 (playoff)

2014 Win Mater Academy 57-0 (playoff)

2015 Win Booker T Washington 35-3 (BTW won 4A title and was 9-5; lost to Central, Northwestern, Jackson and Columbus)

2015 Win Mater Academy 60-7 (playoff)

2016 Loss Booker T Washington 27-23 (BTW later lost in 4A state semis and was 9-4; lost to Jackson, Central and Northwestern)

2016 Win Mater Academy 50-10 (playoff)

2017 Win S Miami 56-0 (playoff)

2017 Win Doral Academy 48-6 (playoff)

Of the 42 games above, one could argue that only the 7 below were against "strong" Miami-Dade teams.  However, none of the teams below was likely the best Miami-Dade had to offer at the time.   

This year's game versus Central may be the first time ever that nationally-ranked STA and Miami-Dade squads meet!  

• Homestead 1982(loss), 1983(win), 1984(loss)
  • Edison 2003(loss)
  • Columbus 2012(win)
  • Booker T Washington 2015(win) and 2016(loss)

1 minute ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Of the 42 games above, one could argue that only the 7 below were against "strong" Miami-Dade teams.  However, none of the teams below were likely the best Miami-Dade had to offer at the time.   

This year's game versus Central may be the first time ever that nationally-ranked STA and Miami-Dade squads meet!  

• Edison 2003(loss)
  • Columbus 2012(win)

I have Central ranked 2nd in 6a currently so this may be best Miami Dade team that STA has played as of late 

22 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Of the 42 games above, one could argue that only the 7 below were against "strong" Miami-Dade teams.  However, none of the teams below was likely the best Miami-Dade had to offer at the time.   

• Edison 2003(loss)
  • Columbus 2012(win)

Maybe, but you're forgetting STA vs Booker T Washington was supposed to be that way.   STA broke BTW's 41 win streak (admittedly not in their prime, but state champ), also in 2016 BTW was ranked nationally and just imploded after their win.   I mean those games were highly regarded as BTW was the best in Miami the year before their first matchup.   Technically Central didn't even make the playoffs last year so if Central were to have a bad year the story will be that STA scheduled Central after a non playoff year.  (which most of us know is BS, but haters will forget)

Anyways, just playing a little devil's advocate here.  I'm very excited for the game.  If STA's offense isn't able to move the chains they will be in trouble.   STA has always been a great run stopping team, but with Central if you slip on one tackle it could go for 6.   I just hope there are no injuries, BC It's going to be an extremely physical game with hard hits.  Absolutely no doubt about that!  

Central was a mistake away from beating both BG and IMG at their place last year.   Think about that.   STA had a win against SJB from Cali, but it was at home and went OT.   Wasn't pretty.    I'd probably give Central the edge at this point, only because I don't know if Aquinas can run the ball.   So far I haven't been that  impressed with Aquinas' highly rated RB, but the Oline wasn't playing lights out last year either so...

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Maybe, but you're forgetting STA vs Booker T Washington was supposed to be that way.   STA broke BTW's 41 win streak (admittedly not in their prime, but state champ), also in 2016 BTW was ranked nationally and just imploded after their win.   I mean those games were highly regarded as BTW was the best in Miami the year before their first matchup.   Technically Central didn't even make the playoffs last year so if Central were to have a bad year the story will be that STA scheduled Central after a non playoff year.   

Anyways, just playing a little devil's advocate here.  I'm very excited for the game.  If STA's offense isn't able to move the chains they might be in trouble.   STA has always been a great run stopping team, but with Central if you slip on one tackle it could go for 6.   I just hope there are no injuries, BC It's going to be an extremely physical game with hard hits.  Absolutely no doubt about that!  

That's good history and thank you.  I could not remember if BTW was nationally ranked when they played.  And it makes complete sense that when STA scheduled them they expected to be playing the best Miami-Dade had to offer.  One thing is for sure, regardless of where either team ends up in the rankings..Central and STA are wonderful programs and to my knowledge this is the first time they will ever meet in their long histories.   Even if both teams imploded this year, it should be a good show, and that's all fans can ask for.