7. Jones 5-1 lost to Wekiva.  Next up at West Orange

8. Deland 5-1  lost to Mandarin. Next up: Bye

9. Seminole 5-1 lost to Deland. Next up vs Lyman

10. Mainland 4-2 lost to Deland and Bob Jones.   Next up vs Cocoa

11. Oviedo 4-1 lost to Winter Park.  Next up vs Orange City University

12. Lake Nona 4-1 lost to Winter Park.  Next up at Celebration

13. Lake Mary 3-2 lost to Godby and Oviedo.   Next up at Winter Springs

14. Boone 3-2 lost to Lake Nona and Apopka.   Next up at Freedom

15. Dr. Phillips 2-4 lost to lee, West Orange, Apopka and Mainland.  Next up vs Wekiva

16. Harmony 5-1 lost to Space Coast.  Next up vs Windermere

Not much seperates 1-9

Jesuit is well coached, solid on both sides of the ball. They're coached by Matt Thompson the longtime Armwood defensive coordinator.  They aren't big across the lines, but they are very quick off the ball.  They have a stud safety Dane Belton and 2 highly rated WR's in Josh Hodges and Jonathan Odom. QB is Kiael Kelly (son of Kenny Kelly) and is a  beast.

Osceola is (and should be) the favorite in this one, but Jesuit has the tools to make this one interesting.

38 minutes ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Jesuit is well coached, solid on both sides of the ball. They're coached by Matt Thompson the longtime Armwood defensive coordinator.  They aren't big across the lines, but they are very quick off the ball.  They have a stud safety Dane Belton and 2 highly rated WR's in Josh Hodges and Jonathan Odom. QB is Kiael Kelly (son of Kenny Kelly) and is a  beast.

Osceola is (and should be) the favorite in this one, but Jesuit has the tools to make this one interesting.

Any chance Jesuit pulls upset or are they likely just fighting for respect? 

Osceola brings a lot to the table for Jesuit to prepare for, but Jesuit has a unique combination of skill position depth, coaching and talent.

The game will come down to the line. Osceola has a big, strong offensive and defensive line. By my count I have Osceola at 31 linemen (including TE's).  Jesuit doesn't have near that many, capping out at 18.  Jesuit is also on the smaller side for both lines, but they're lightening quick.

One thing that could favor Osceola is that they've tested themselves schedule wise early while Jesuit is testing themselves late. Osceola has played a much tougher schedule that includes Lake Gibson and Viera.  Jesuit has played Jefferson as their only opponent of note at this point. Osceola's back-end of the season is much tamer than their front half. Jesuit, aside from playing Osceola will also play CCC in 2 weeks and finish their season with rival Tampa Catholic.

The teams have one common opponent- Ridge Community. Jesuit defeated them 39-0. Osceola defeated them 40-7.

If I were picking the game, I would go Osceola 35, Jesuit 27. I can easily see thing being tight until the 4th quarter.

23 hours ago, SPCjessica2004 said:

Osceola brings a lot to the table for Jesuit to prepare for, but Jesuit has a unique combination of skill position depth, coaching and talent.

The game will come down to the line. Osceola has a big, strong offensive and defensive line. By my count I have Osceola at 31 linemen (including TE's).  Jesuit doesn't have near that many, capping out at 18.  Jesuit is also on the smaller side for both lines, but they're lightening quick.

One thing that could favor Osceola is that they've tested themselves schedule wise early while Jesuit is testing themselves late. Osceola has played a much tougher schedule that includes Lake Gibson and Viera.  Jesuit has played Jefferson as their only opponent of note at this point. Osceola's back-end of the season is much tamer than their front half. Jesuit, aside from playing Osceola will also play CCC in 2 weeks and finish their season with rival Tampa Catholic.

The teams have one common opponent- Ridge Community. Jesuit defeated them 39-0. Osceola defeated them 40-7.

If I were picking the game, I would go Osceola 35, Jesuit 27. I can easily see thing being tight until the 4th quarter.

Osceola doesn't have 31 guys in the trenches on Varsity but the OLine goes about 300 across the board