Bolles

DisabledAccount

4 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Any jacksonville people want to explain what's going on over there? 

They probably don't want to, or can't afford to, provide scholarship money to bring in athletes as they used to. As a result, it's been awhile since they have won a state title. 

Just speculation on my part as I really have no idea.

Columbia should win easily next Friday and I am glad I came to the Fletcher game instead as while it was probably not Columbia's best game, it was very good to watch from a fan standpoint. 

Just now, DarterBlue2 said:

They probably don't want to, or can't afford to, provide scholarship money to bring in athletes as they used to. As a result, it's been awhile since they have won a state title. 

Just speculation on my part as I really have no idea.

Columbia should win easily next Friday and I am glad I came to the Fletcher game instead as while it was probably not Columbia's best game, it was very good to watch from a fan standpoint. 

I'll say this

As long as we don't have 5 turnovers like we have had back to back weeks we win Friday 

Hell I'll go on limb and guarantee that if we stay clear of turnovers (0 turnovers in game)  we will beat Bolles 

Only way Bolles beats us Friday is us giving it to them on a silver platter 

As for the first sentence, i was at Bolles when we played in 2015, trust me when i say they certainly have the money to offer scholarships to anyone they want bad enough 

Most likely it is the fact they have chosen not to and it's easy to tell even from the outside that Trinity Christian has surpassed them and have for a while now in terms of top private athletic program in duval but now you got schools who are rich publics like ponte vedra and bartram trail who are keeping some of that talent Bolles used to get in house and it's definitely hurting them

I honestly don't think Bolles ever gets back to that nationally elite team they once were, not saying they never win state again but you won't see them contending for a national championship ever again,  at least not in football 

I done told you guys what was going on over there and the kid explained it perfectly. The teams from the 90’s and 00’s were significantly bigger and more talented than any team I’ve seen in the 10’s. We used to be crapping our pants preparing for this team because they were physically dominant and were by far the best coached team we played. The two games I’ve seen of Bolles this year? Coaching level hasn’t changed. 

I think they could get nationally elite again but it will take a while.