Plant @ Viera

181pl

On 11/16/2018 at 10:24 PM, Seminole44 said:

Being from Brevard I chose attending this game over the Rockledge vs American Heritage game to see if Plant would pull the same shenanigans as last year. 

Though a Brevard County team didn’t win...I was pleasantly surprised Plant played them straight up without shady tactics and really demolished Viera in the second half. Hats off to them

NM I remember the convo now.

3 minutes ago, peezy28 said:

What "shady Tactics" did they pull last year?

Several people complained that Plant faked injuries at the end of game when out of timeouts to stop the clock

I won't speak on it since i wasn't there nor did i see it so I don't know if it was true or not but that's what they complained about last year and apparently Plant tried same thing against Lakeland the next week 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Several people complained that Plant faked injuries at the end of game when out of timeouts to stop the clock

I won't speak on it since i wasn't there nor did i see it so I don't know if it was true or not but that's what they complained about last year and apparently Plant tried same thing against Lakeland the next week 

If I recall, there were a few instances of Plant players going down last year with injuries against Lakeland. But, Lakeland is not a 'play fast' team. The QB comes to the sideline for every play and I don't know that I have ever seen them 'no-huddle'. So, slowing down a game against Lakeland really does nothing since they play very slow to begin with. All you are doing is giving Castle more time to think and communicate with his team.

50 minutes ago, 181pl said:

I was there last year and the only long injury stoppage I remember is when the plant running back got dinged really well on the sidelines and they had to take for five minutes to get them off the field. Other than that the game had a normal flow to it

I would agree. The injuries I saw players go down with didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. Either that or, as I said, Lakeland plays so slow I didn't notice them.