So something i noticed with 7a and 8a champs

DisabledAccount

Both Lakeland and Mandarin won state titles last night but if we look at regular season schedules these 2 were basically polar opposites 

Lakeland schedule was deemed to be relevantly weak

Mandarin schedule could be considered a dogfight 

Both won state

So does the schedule really matter?  Seems to me that a team could schedule easy or tough and still have success because there is no right Schedule for a team

It's all situational with the players and coaches on the staff 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Both Lakeland and Mandarin won state titles last night but if we look at regular season schedules these 2 were basically polar opposites 

Lakeland schedule was deemed to be relevantly weak

Mandarin schedule could be considered a dogfight 

Both won state

So does the schedule really matter?  Seems to me that a team could schedule easy or tough and still have success because there is no right Schedule for a team

It's all situational with the players and coaches on the staff 

Personally I prefer a strong schedule, but with at least three or four relatively easy games in there, too. I would not want my kids to get beat up every week, but would want them to have faced some tough competition before the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue2 said:

Personally I prefer a strong schedule, but with at least three or four relatively easy games in there, too. I would not want my kids to get beat up every week, but would want them to have faced some tough competition before the playoffs. 

I agree and I've seen how we do with a easy schedule and it wasn't good results

But I think it's on a team by team basis,  for some programs they need that tough schedule but others can win with any schedule put in front of them