Manatee High Head Coach steps down

TheJayManson

AD just said they will look on staff as well as nationally to find new coach which leads me to think that although it's a waiver for 2014-2015 season they do not expect him back otherwise would have stayed with Jim Phelan who is long time assistant as well as the coach who stepped in for Kinnan for spring game.

Either way he is a great coach and an even better man. Hopefully he comes back for 2015 but if not he has had an amazing career nothing to be disappointed of! 

You are right, but as you know Manatee will now become an average team without Kinnan. Just hard to replace him.

I think they have QB issues too I have been a little out of the loop as of late but I agree Manatee will not be at the level they were in past years at least in 2014 

They just got a QB transfer from Sebastian River out of Indian River County. Not sure how good that tells you what he could bring to the table considering Sebastian River was 2-8 last year.

They just got a QB transfer from Sebastian River out of Indian River County. Not sure how good that tells you what he could bring to the table considering Sebastian River was 2-8 last year.

Maybe it was the system? Who knows either way they IMO are not a title contender in 2014 barring a few upsets in the playoffs 

I would wait to put Palmetto at the top at this moment, yes Kinnan's loss is a huge blow but I think that right now Manatee has enough talent where they will still be the too team in Manatee County next year but that lead they have had over everyone else is falling apart right now.

Wow.... so what will Manatee do now they'll usually good year in and out. Well actually Manatee should be fine long as they have the talent and the rest of the coaching staff is staying, shoot Miramar lost it's head coach to West Virginia and they're going to be be just fine if you ask me.

Wow.... so what will Manatee do now they'll usually good year in and out. Well actually Manatee should be fine long as they have the talent and I'm the rest of the coaching staff is staying, shoot Miramar lost it's head coach to West Virginia and and they're going to be be just fine if you ask me.

I think we all know that Miramar has much much more talent this yr than Manatee but I agree Manatee should be a playoff team in 2014