Quantcast
Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
OldSchoolLion

Columbia Trivia #4

Recommended Posts

In this game, Columbia went up by more than 3 TD's and looked to be coasting to a victory.  That is when the meltdown began.  The home team shut down Columbia the rest of the game and scored multiple TD's, including 2 pick 6's and a last minute passing TD to seal the win.   The game featured an incredible number of INT's by both teams. 

Who was that team that beat Columbia that night?

Who was the great defensive lineman that terrorized Columbia that evening? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

In this game, Columbia went up by more than 3 TD's and looked to be coasting to a victory.  That is when the meltdown began.  The home team shut down Columbia the rest of the game and scored multiple TD's, including 2 pick 6's and a last minute passing TD to seal the win.   The game featured an incredible number of INT's by both teams. 

Who was that team that beat Columbia that night?

Who was the great defensive lineman that terrorized Columbia that evening? 

2016 Buchholz vs Columbia

 

Columbia was up 23-0 over Buchholz before throwing a pick 6 on the last play of the second quarter, they threw a pick 6 later and gave up the final TD in the final minute for their first win over Columbia since 2007 

 

Not sure on the DL question but there was 2 pick 6s by Buchholz and a combined total of 5 or 6 interceptions in the game so I'm sure that's the answer 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Not sure on the DL question but there was 2 pick 6s by Buchholz and a combined total of 5 or 6 interceptions in the game so I'm sure that's the answer 

Actually, I think you know, but the trauma of losing to a Gainesville team caused PTSD, which affects one's memory.  :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I'm not aware of there being a big name player on the Buchholz defense because highest rated player I remember on Buchholz was a safety but he wouldn't have been piling up sacks 

C'mon ColumbiaFan.  I am going to challenge you to think harder.  I know I can be a real pain in the rump sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris rumph? 

 

And I see what you did there lol

 

8 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

 

C'mon ColumbiaFan.  I am going to challenge you to think harder.  I know I can be a real pain in the rump sometimes.

 

 

 

Out of curiosity what brought you across this game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Actually, I think you know, but the trauma of losing to a Gainesville team caused PTSD, which affects one's memory.  :rolleyes:

At least in football I barely know what that feels like 

 

Buchholz in 2016 was the only football team in Alachua county we have lost to since I started high school in 2013 

 

12-1 vs Alachua county in football in those years lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

At least in football I barely know what that feels like 

 

Buchholz in 2016 was the only football team in Alachua county we have lost to since I started high school in 2013 

 

12-1 vs Alachua county in football in those years lol

That's why I thought you might remember it and asked the question.:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Chris rumph? 

 

And I see what you did there lol

 

 

 

 

Out of curiosity what brought you across this game?

It is Chris Rumph II.  https://goduke.com/sports/football/roster/chris-rumph-ii/16265

You should check out the website below.  They have some great coverage of FL hs football...even Columbia.B) 

https://floridahsfootball.com/2016/09/09/interceptions-blown-lead-gives-buchholz-stunning-win-columbia/#.Xv6IOW1Kipo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...