East Lake at Aquinas 7A South Regional Final

STARaiders2014

Well here we are! The long awaited matchup between undefeated East Lake and 1 loss St Thomas Aquinas at Aquinas. This is one game that I think many were hoping took place and it is finally here.

The winner will take on the Kissimmee Osceola/Niceville winner in Orlando next Saturday for ETERNAL GLORY! 

I look at this game and to me Aquinas is clicking at the right time, fresh off a 52-7 win in the third round against Royal Palm Beach I love the way the Raiders are clicking right now.

They are hitting their peak at just the right time! I truly feel and may take some flak for this but that this is a total mismatch. Aquinas has size, speed, and skill at nearly every position.

I am not saying East Lake does not, but the Raiders have studs at every position and they are DEEP with talent more so than last season by far.

East Lake will have to stop Scarlett and if they do that then they will have to stop Bruce and Peete. We aren't even talking about Cole at RB or the other receivers who have stepped up this season.

Aquinas seems to be on a mission after the heartbreaking loss last season to Dwyer to reclaim their glory they so rightfully will deserve. This game I think Aquinas gets off to a fast start to put East Lake in a hole then finishes them off in the second half with Scarlett pounding the rock.

Aquinas I think also has an edge in coaching here, which I think is being overlooked by some. The Raiders coaches have all been there done that in big games and they all have rings. That will play a big role as well.

At the end of the day I see the score being:

Aquinas 49

East Lake 20

GO RAIDERS!

I can't wait for the game!

I believe the big difference between this year's playoff team and last year's....  Starters are healthy.  If I recall, STA was missing 5 starters from injury for the Dwyer game last year. 

I would like to see this D give up no more than 10 on Friday.  They have been one of the strongest D's I've seen this year.

Additionally, as long as the OT/TE keep the ends from running down our backs, we should be fine.  I've seen too many times, this year, where they don't chip the end and Scarlett/Sands are caught from behind in the backfield (this happened last year vs. Dwyer).  Also, I see where EL has Campbell play end sometimes, they must put a body on him, he’s too fast to be set free.

Lastly,  STA has to make sure their blocking backs keep their head on a swivel.  I’ve seen 2 fumbles where the RB gets tunnel vision on the center of the field and misses the end and gives up a hard sack on Rizzo .  Look around guys, protect your QB.

East Lake apparently watched "When the game stands tall" and apparently this is "their time"...yea sorry but no. It is the RAIDERS time to return to the GLORY they so rightfully deserve! 

HSDAD you bring up excellent points. I'd love for our D to give up less than 14, however I feel maybe late EL gets a score or two. This game to me is a mismatch in every phase of the game from coaching down to blocking and running.

Aquinas shall be victorious! 

Just WOW STARaider! Fired up much? Lolol!

There is no doubt East Lake has a tough road ahead of them. They know that and so does everyone in the surrounding communities. But this is what makes Friday Night Lights so special either way! Little David is coming to play mighty Goliath and few give them any hope. in fact the local paper has a headline that reads 

East Lake takes a road trip few playoff teams survive

You aren't the subject of that headline by accident. STA is good and they're home. Ruh roh Reorge!

Eternal Glory? Rightfully Deserve? EL watched a movie and now *snap* believe in themselves? Wow. You aren't a homer.  ;)  :lol:  :D

Just WOW STARaider! Fired up much? Lolol!

There is no doubt East Lake has a tough road ahead of them. They know that and so does everyone in the surrounding communities. But this is what makes Friday Night Lights so special either way! Little David is coming to play mighty Goliath and few give them any hope. in fact the local paper has a headline that reads 

East Lake takes a road trip few playoff teams survive

You aren't the subject of that headline by accident. STA is good and they're home. Ruh roh Reorge!

Eternal Glory? Rightfully Deserve? EL watched a movie and now *snap* believe in themselves? Wow. You aren't a homer.  ;)  :lol:  :D

Aquinas is heading to yet another title game my friend...once again the Raiders will emerge VICTORIOUS and claim the GLORY they so rightfully deserve! Final score was 45-7 HSDAD was closer on the score than I was. Great win!

Get Kissimmee Osceola in title game, a familiar foe. Beat them in 2007 for state title

I guess you didn't get the humor. Well done for your guys. You're on the way! I'm headed up to O-town in a few to go watch our boys get their GLORY THEY SO RIGHTFULLY DESERVE!!! Lol!  :D

Quotes from the local paper:

It was not that the Eagles (13-1) were bad. It was just that the Raiders (13-1) were so good.

St. Thomas Aquinas had more speed, more size and more of most other good things.

East Lake was willing to mix it up and the Eagles never quit. But they lacked depth, missed some tackles and simply wore down.

With all those pluses on one side and the minuses on the other, the game quickly turned in the Raiders’ favor.

“What can you say? Aquinas is great,†Jake Hudson said. “They’re big, fast, strong, skilled. They’ve got it all.â€

STA- Looking forward, and past Osceola (I know I shouldn’t but I expect the score to be around 42-6 *)… * I do hope it's less than 6, before the playoffs I said STA wouldn't give up more than 25 for the 5 games.

Thoughts on the Burger King State Champions Bowl Series:

STA should play BTW or MC (I prefer BTW since they will have the 40 game win streak by then)

Bingham, UT- The only worthwhile team to accept so far.    

Bellevue, WA- got their A$! handed to them last night and lost by 22 (their 67 game win streak is over and they had previously declined the invite- very prophetic!)

It doesn’t appear that there will be a team nearly as good as Bingham attending.  That means 1 good team for one of the 3 Big FL teams to play. 

I propose the 3 games should be-

12PM:  AHP/Columbus/Apopka vs. Unknown OOS-  Any of the 3 should beat the OOS by 2 TDs

4PM:  MC vs Bingham-  MC should win by 2 TDs

8PM:  STA vs BTW- I have STA by 10 on this one

Sad day.......

Don't know if it's true, but I heard that STA wouldn't attend the BK State Champions Bowl...

Hope it isn't true. 

This is an excellent opportunity for other guys to be seen one last time and get D1 offers they deserve!

Jake Rizzo

James Oliphant

Both are playing lights out and should get that extra game that FHSAA allows. 

Remember that signing day is only 45 days after the these bowl games and other states have stopped playing.  It will be the only games in the Nation and a captive audience for scouts/recruiters to watch on ESPN (besides All Star games).

Sad day.......

Don't know if it's true, but I heard that STA wouldn't attend the BK State Champions Bowl...

Hope it isn't true.

This is an excellent opportunity for other guys to be seen one last time and get D1 offers they deserve!

Jake Rizzo

James Oliphant

Both are playing lights out and should get that extra game that FHSAA allows.

Remember that signing day is only 45 days after the these bowl games and other states have stopped playing. It will be the only games in the Nation and a captive audience for scouts/recruiters to watch on ESPN (besides All Star games).

I just don't understand!!??? Smh at STA...

What does either program have to gain from that? You may come up wither own opinions and answers to that question but that's the essential one you truly have to ask yourselves. National exposure for the program and kids? For what? To get the kids recruited to college? News flash: the programs are good enough that colleges already know to come take a look at the players. So THAT'S not it. Even the "lower-tier" players, if you could truly call them that, get looks from recruiters when they come to see the big boys. And believe me recruiters from various places talk. They are out on the road together all the time.

What does either program have to gain from that? You may come up wither own opinions and answers to that question but that's the essential one you truly have to ask yourselves. National exposure for the program and kids? For what? To get the kids recruited to college? News flash: the programs are good enough that colleges already know to come take a look at the players. So THAT'S not it. Even the "lower-tier" players, if you could truly call them that, get looks from recruiters when they come to see the big boys. And believe me recruiters from various places talk. They are out on the road together all the time.

Well for a fact tge kids would want to play this game.. If you want to use the what the program n the kids gains from this then why play these allstar games? From my understanding each school gets 25 grand and some other things...

I'm sure STA would take the $$$$ too.

As far as recruiting, every opportunity that a scout has to see a kid, is another possibility to get that scholarship.  Fact is, if James and Jake play and show great against a BTW or Bingham or other top 20, that means significantly more than doing great against a Nova/S. Broward. 

It's another game to evaluate them AND every school in the nation will be done with football, there will be nothing left except for all-star games. 

If James and Jake can pull a scholarship away from all other states, because they aren't playing, and James and Jake are,  AND they are the last kids recruiters see, It will be worth playing!