Who Is This FL HS Legend? Dallas Baker/New Smyrna Beach

OldSchoolLion

3 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

Who is he?

Where did he play in high school?

Where did he play in college?

What is his connection to football now?

IMG_2484.JPG

That is Dallas Baker, who played in high school at New Smyrna Beach. He played his college football at the University of Florida for both Ron Zook and Urban Meyer, and played on the 2006 NC team that beat Ohio State. Dallas is coaching college football now I believe, but I am not sure at what program.

7 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

That is Dallas Baker, who played in high school at New Smyrna Beach. He played his college football at the University of Florida for both Ron Zook and Urban Meyer, and played on the 2006 NC team that beat Ohio State. Dallas is coaching college football now I believe, but I am not sure at what program.

It is Dallas Baker, "The Touchdown Maker" who played for New Smyrna Beach.  In 2000, he caught 68 passes for 1140 yards and 17 TD's.  He was a Superprep and Prep Football Report All-American.  Like his uncle, Wes Chandler, he played for the Gators.  In 2006, he caught 10 TD's for the Gators and earned First Team All-SEC honors.  He won a national championship with the Gators and a Super Bowl as a member of the Steelers.  Baker is now a wide receivers coach at Marshall University.   

17 hours ago, OldSchoolLion said:

It is Dallas Baker, "The Touchdown Maker" who played for New Smyrna Beach.  In 2000, he caught 68 passes for 1140 yards and 17 TD's.  He was a Superprep and Prep Football Report All-American.  Like his uncle, Wes Chandler, he played for the Gators.  In 2006, he caught 10 TD's for the Gators and earned First Team All-SEC honors.  He won a national championship with the Gators and a Super Bowl as a member of the Steelers.  Baker is now a wide receivers coach at Marshall University.   

Dallas was also on the practice squad of the 2008 Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers. I remember running into him in the Supermarket once, and he had both his NC and SB rings on.  I suggested that he might consider locking those rings up in a safe somewhere. lol