The Best FL HS Offense of Each Decade

OldSchoolLion

On 12/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, OldSchoolLion said:
And the best offense of the 2010's?????  Well, I am not giving my pick just yet, but I've narrowed it down to these contenders: 
2010 Tampa Jefferson
2010 St Thomas Aquinas
2010 Miami Central
2013 Booker T Washington
2013 Miami Central
2018 Lakeland

@OldSchoolLion, I was going to let this go. But after thinking about it a lot (and stewing a little), how could none of the Apopka teams from 2012 - 2014 not be included in a list that includes six teams? In 2013, Apopka football scored the most points of any high school football team during a regular season and just (I believe) missed the state record if you include total points through the playoffs that year. I also believe that the lowest number of points scored by the 2012 team in the playoffs was 38 against Dr. Phillips in the 2012 state semifinal. In fact, in making its run to the state title in 2012, Apopka scored: 40+ in the fist round against University; 50+ against Timber Creek in the second round; 50+ against Fletcher in the third round; 38 against Dr. Phillips in the semifinals; and, 53 against Cypress bay in the final.

In 2013, I believe Apopka's lowest output for the entire year was the 28 it scored against South Dade in a losing effort. In fact, the only other sub 40 score that year was the 36 scored against Byrnes in a losing effort in the first game of that season when the program, tragically lost it's starting QB Zack Darlington for the rest of his senior year. 

Over the 3 year span listed above, Apopka had many offensive standouts: Zack Darlington, Jevric Blocker, Robert Thomas, Deshawn Massey, Demetri Burch, Trey Henderson (he plays defense now), Chandler Cox, Ray Ray Smith, Jaquan Ishom, etc., etc. Not all of these guys excelled at the next level. But all were outstanding high school football players and some are still suiting up in 2020.