7A Second Round

DarterBlue2

Columbia vs Lincoln -     Columbia by 2. This is a rematch of an early season game. I won't take much stock from the first result which saw Columbia winning, but think overall Columbia has had a better season                                            with more impressive results.

Buchholtz v Batram T -  Batram Trail by 1. Batram Trail beat a very good Hagerty team at Hagerty. Buchholtz struggled with Edgewater at home and was probably luck to win. I think BT avenges the earlier loss.

Martin County vs Vierra- Vierra by 1. Vierra beat Martin County at home in regular season and I think they find a way to do it again.

Lakeland vs Plant       -   Lakeland by 4. Both have very good coaching. I believe the more athletic, better tested team wins.

Plant City vs TBT        -   Tampa Bay Tech wins by 3 avenging district loss. Since the loss to Plant City, TBT has been playing better football while PC does not seem to have improved. I am taking the improved                                               team to avenge the loss in this one.  

Braden River vs Venice- Braden River has not looked back all season and wins this by 10. Another rematch. I don't think Venice has shown that they can reverse the earlier result. I expect BR to go deep.

Dwyer vs St. Thomas   - St. Thomas by 28. Despite injuries and not looking invincible, St. Thomas has more than enough to beat Dwyer.

Mater vs Miami Sunset - Sunset by 3. Mater had a rough playoff game and did not give me reason to believe they can reverse the earlier result.

At this stage I am going to pick the semi final teams:

North:

Columbia vs Lakeland - I expect Columbia to win

South:

Braden River vs St. Thomas Aquinas - This is a hard one to call. I reserve judgment till the week of the game.

Columbia by 7.

Agree with Batram Trail in a tight one.

I like Martin County by 7.

I like Lakeland over Plant by 10 .  Lakeland seems to have found their remade identity with all of those injuries.

Agree with Tampa Bay Tech by 3.

Braden River by 6.

St. Thomas by 20 over Dwyer.  STA has been going really conservative lately offensively- likely obviously due to injures.  Unless the Dwyer Defense is horrendous this might be a low scoring 30-10 type game. STA Defense is good enough to get them to States.

Agree with Sunset by 3. 

I'm going to hold off on the next stage for now.

Columbia vs Lincoln -     Columbia by 2. This is a rematch of an early season game. I won't take much stock from the first result which saw Columbia winning, but think overall Columbia has had a better season                                            with more impressive results.

Buchholtz v Batram T -  Batram Trail by 1. Batram Trail beat a very good Hagerty team at Hagerty. Buchholtz struggled with Edgewater at home and was probably luck to win. I think BT avenges the earlier loss.

Martin County vs Vierra- Vierra by 1. Vierra beat Martin County at home in regular season and I think they find a way to do it again.

Lakeland vs Plant       -   Lakeland by 4. Both have very good coaching. I believe the more athletic, better tested team wins.

Plant City vs TBT        -   Tampa Bay Tech wins by 3 avenging district loss. Since the loss to Plant City, TBT has been playing better football while PC does not seem to have improved. I am taking the improved                                               team to avenge the loss in this one.  

Braden River vs Venice- Braden River has not looked back all season and wins this by 10. Another rematch. I don't think Venice has shown that they can reverse the earlier result. I expect BR to go deep.

Dwyer vs St. Thomas   - St. Thomas by 28. Despite injuries and not looking invincible, St. Thomas has more than enough to beat Dwyer.

Mater vs Miami Sunset - Sunset by 3. Mater had a rough playoff game and did not give me reason to believe they can reverse the earlier result.

At this stage I am going to pick the semi final teams:

North:

Columbia vs Lakeland - I expect Columbia to win

South:

Braden River vs St. Thomas Aquinas - This is a hard one to call. I reserve judgment till the week of the game.

So far one loss in seven games with the eighth to come today. Only mistake was Tampa Bay Tech which lost for a second time to Plant City. Columbia was very impressive in it win against Lincoln. I stand by them getting to Orlando. I also believe Braden River at home has a great chance to beat St. Thomas. However, the team's lack of deep playoff experience could factor into the game.