Congrats Coach (Ty) Darlington of Apopka

gatorman-uf

1 hour ago, gatorman-uf said:

Saw this across my Twitter feed and it felt it was like a Sexy Beast in training. I cant believe it was nearly 10 years ago that he was playing QB for Apopka. 

You have the wrong Darlington. Ty was an Offensive Lineman who went on to Oklahoma. Zack was the Quarterback. Ty was an undrafted free agent coming out of college. I forget which team picked him up but he failed to make the cut. He worked at his Alma Mata as a graduate assistant for some years and was on the Sooners staff after. 

An academic all star, I am sure Ty will do well at Florida. 

15 hours ago, DarterBlue2 said:

You have the wrong Darlington. Ty was an Offensive Lineman who went on to Oklahoma. Zack was the Quarterback. Ty was an undrafted free agent coming out of college. I forget which team picked him up but he failed to make the cut. He worked at his Alma Mata as a graduate assistant for some years and was on the Sooners staff after. 

An academic all star, I am sure Ty will do well at Florida. 

I am a big Gator fan and hope he does have a positive impact on success going forward.  Napier and his multitude of staff personnel are getting a bunch of positive press during this honeymoon phase, but from my perspective thus far recruiting hasn't really showed signs of improvement and thus far not convinced.  Hopefully, time will prove me wrong.