Plant's possible Week 1 opponent

Joshua Wilson

Hearing through several people that Plant will play Sandy Creek (GA) on Week 1. It will be a road game for the Panthers. Working to actually confirm this information now.

I think the only way we can play an OOS opponent is ti leave Hillsborough County. Got something in the works now for my boys

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ORabidOne

Ain't that a shame right? More games need to be played in state....I don't know what gives about this to be honest.

Plant may be playing Sandy Creek, because there doesn't seem to be that much competition in Florida!!!

From our standpoint at Fleming Island we don't see a reason to leave our immediate area to play football games.

We feel like that gets  us ready to play in the playoffs.

Is that the toughest schedule you can play? Absolutely not.

But at the end of the season we want to be in Orlando winning a championship and ready to weather the playoffs.

My only complaint would be that alot of times our starters and key players are done playing by halftime. I think that hurts us when we play in big games and our guys have to go 4 quarters. In each First Coast game over the past few years we blew big leads in the second half... So I think the weakness of our schedule somewhat has contributed to that. I think our schedule is a little tougher this year than in past years so we will see what happens..

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

THATS WHAT I'M SAYING IT SEEM LIKE THE ONLY SCHOOL THAT HAS HAD THE PLEASURE OF PLAYING A NATIONAL RANKED SCHOOL IN THERE ON BACK YARD IS ST THOMAS 1 WAS AT LOCKHART & THE LAST TWO I BELIEVE WAS AT ST THOMAS WHERE AS DILLARD WE ALWAYS HAVE TO GO TO THEM SUCH AS EAST ST LOUIS WE HAD TO FLY AND NOW TEXAS WE HAVE TO FLY