IMG?

DisabledAccount

Since we just added national board I would like to get some thoughts on how you all feel/think of img and wether or not they should be ranked and how you all see them and is there any schools like that in other states?

seriously?

This nonsense as a first topic? 

Are the kids in high school? 

So then why the discussion? 

Woohooo another 25 page thread about how much IMG is hated around the country.....GA will not play them anymore the state has banned them....Texas is also headed that way.....I can see more and more states following the trend and banning them from coming there

I think the real discussion is not so much how people hate IMG...it is HOW DIFFERENT they are. High School is something you only get once in your life. That is why I find it so troubling why IMG got into the high school business other than just simply money. IMG however, is not everyone, so we should be thankful for that one.

I think the real discussion is not so much how people hate IMG...it is HOW DIFFERENT they are. High School is something you only get once in your life. That is why I find it so troubling why IMG got into the high school business other than just simply money. IMG however, is not everyone, so we should be thankful for that one.

They are a business...they are looking to represent these kids later on in life...when you watch them on the field you can see its all individuals out there its not a team concept. 

They should be ranked.  They are high school kids playing high school ball.  No matter how they all came together they are still high school students and should be ranked.  Let the wussies that wont play them hate all they want.  Ahhh it sure is nice to login to a site and not have to wonder if Im going to get a page does not exist error. LOL

time is change

the kids are in high school

In NJ, we had a tradition, a much loved tradition, of playing games on Thanksgiving. What great memories.

Guess what? 

Time is change.

embrace  it and think back fondly with nostalgia. 

time is change

In NJ, we had a tradition, a much loved tradition, of playing games on Thanksgiving. What great memories.

Guess what? 

Time is change.

Wasnt the BC PC game that ended the thanksgiving games....and then there was the game is dumb because its in the middle of the playoffs. 

They should be ranked.  They are high school kids playing high school ball.  No matter how they all came together they are still high school students and should be ranked.  Let the wussies that wont play them hate all they want.  Ahhh it sure is nice to login to a site and not have to wonder if Im going to get a page does not exist error. LOL

No way.......if you rank them they just open the doors for open transfers to any school you like without any borders or rules. Then you will watch 1000s of programs die. 

time is change

Guess what? 

Time is change.

Hey they use to play games on Thanksgiving here as well...now team embrace it as we want to practice on Thanksgiving....that usually means being one of the lucky 48 teams to get to that point.

While a high school, they have dorms and recruit nationally, unlike any high school.

While a select group of high schools recruit a lot, some "grey" area, some less so perhaps, it's not to the same degree as they can't board them.

It's a unique situation being rated against others, some who recruit a lot, some who recruit some and some who take from their enrollment base.

I land on exclude them from rankings

They are a business...they are looking to represent these kids later on in life...when you watch them on the field you can see its all individuals out there its not a team concept. 

Good point on the representation.  My question is if it is illegal to make deals with agents in NCAA, is it a good idea having kids associated with that in HS?  I'm all for kids getting better opportunities and better training for their future though.   I guess we'll see in the next couple years how the kids end up doing.   

Good point on the representation.  My question is if it is illegal to make deals with agents in NCAA, is it a good idea having kids associated with that in HS?  I'm all for kids getting better opportunities and better training for their future though.   I guess we'll see in the next couple years how the kids end up doing.   

Very good point you bring up

Can someone clear this up.   Are there other schools that actually recruit players like they do?  Like actively reach out directly to kids/families?  I'm not talking about teams that people think recruit, I mean teams that admit that they do.   

Edit... also do the big high schools in basketball actively recruit?  Like Montverde, Oakhill, Findlay Prep?  As in openly reach out to players/families?

Well that would be a thing if IMG represented team sport athletes, but they don't. If you research it, they don't negotiate contracts for players outside of tennis or golf. Football is just one sport at their Academy, and they've had baseball, basketball and soccer teams for decades. Mind you, pro athletes in those sports carry much more lucrative deals than 90% of NFL'ers. The number of athletes in any of those sports represented by IMG = Zero. Not a single one. And the football program hasn't been around long enough for any of its players to be draft eligible. 

Now if CAA, another major talent agency that represents hundreds of team sport athletes started an academy, then that connection would be plausible.