Palm Beach Post Week 2 Rankings

BrowardHandicapper

I'm assuming you think the list is silly.

Silly is correct.  To me Dwyer and Oxbridge should be the top 2 teams.  Atlantic at #2? I guess the PB post still has the late November AP list with Atlantic as #1 team in 8A in their office.  Atlantic will be lucky to get by Boca Raton this year.

AHD at# 3 is the most comical of all on the list, but we know how the PB Post scratches the Stallions back.  

Pahokee at #4 is simply to high.  

I could hammer this list more, but I have to go to work.

In no way, shape or form should American Heritage Delray be ranked above Oxbridge right now.  I understand losing a hard fought game and dropping somebody a spot, but when you get run out of the stadium to a team that's expected to be rebuilding that raises a red flag.

Being realistic, it's very easy to see the Stallions starting off 0-6. They travel to St. John's in Washington, DC this week and then return to Florida to play Glades Central and Miami Northwestern before their district game against Oxbridge and then hosting Miami Norland. They will be underdogs in all of those games. I still see the Stallions as a playoff team as I do not think Cardinal Newman will upset them, so they'll get in at the runner-up spot. But, Oxbridge already has the momentum on their side and I expect it will continue to build in the coming weeks.

In no way, shape or form should American Heritage Delray be ranked above Oxbridge right now. I understand losing a hard fought game and dropping somebody a spot, but when you get run out of the stadium to a team that's expected to be rebuilding that raises a red flag.

Being realistic, it's very easy to see the Stallions starting off 0-6. They travel to St. John's in Washington, DC this week and then return to Florida to play Glades Central and Miami Northwestern before their district game against Oxbridge and then hosting Miami Norland. They will be underdogs in all of those games. I still see the Stallions as a playoff team as I do not think Cardinal Newman will upset them, so they'll get in at the runner-up spot. But, Oxbridge already has the momentum on their side and I expect it will continue to build in the coming weeks.

I'm not that impressed with AHD and seem to be overrated team but with that schedule we will soon see if they are contenders or pretenders