Team Hybrid Rankings Suspended until Week 4

Joshua Wilson

After careful consideration including discussion with one of my panel members, I made the call to suspend the next release of the rankings until after Week 4.

Here is why:

SOS is pretty much in the trash can for a ton of teams. The sample size effectively too small. What also hurts and now why it bothers me even more with national rankings is that states like Louisana and New Jersey kickoff the season this week. Until those teams start playing games it is hurting teams here who we know have great schedules. 

An example of one team's SOS going to the trash can quickly - St. Thomas Aquinas. Yes, I know they lost, but Boyd Anderson on a bye week this week and then Fort Lauderdale not getting their game in hurt badly. It's not representative for Aquinas schedule and their opponents and mostly the schedule. Aquinas Tanked from Top 10 to 325 ...when I saw that, the red flags went off. I knew this is not right and realized then the sample size is just too small. 

I feel like that running the rankings like that would just damage everything I worked to build up in the preseason which proved to be a strong showing and more accepted than what the AP Poll did. 

So this explains it.

LINK: http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/08/30/floridahsfootball-com-suspends-next-release-team-hybrid-rankings-week-4/