Newberry VS Lake Butler

Tigerfan1

40-22 Newberry.

Good win for Newberry. The Tigers were out played and out coached. Newberry led the entire game. Union turned the ball over 6 or 7 times and over half of the Panther's points came off of those turnovers. Turnovers were the theme to both purple and gold Tigers this week.   #5 ran the ball hard for the Panthers.  Union couldn't run the ball, but they aren't a run first team.    It was an extremely sloppy game with a ton of penalties against both teams.  Credit to the Panthers, I have a lot of respect for them.  In my honest opinion, I think tonight showed just how down Union is this year rather then how good Newberry is.   Union is lacking talent, if it wasn't for getting #7 to transfer in, Union would be in serious trouble.  The Tigers made very little adjustments defensively and Newberry kept exploiting it.   I personally don't see Newberry making a run at the title this year, they aren't on the level on the elite teams in 1A.  Union is just not very good.  I definitely see Fort White winning the district and Union probably being the runner up, losing to Madison the first round. 

Great atmosphere and a great crowd.  In the end, the better team won.