4S favorites for 2023

Nulli Secundus

1 hour ago, PinellasFB said:

I'm curious about Elijah Vansickle for Osceola?  How is he as a football player?  My poor son ran up against him in wrestling at regionals in the 220 lb weight class and got smoked.  That's when I realized he must also be a heck of a football player too because he looks big and fast.  

He is just finishing up his sophomore year and stands around 6'2" and 235.  His freshman year he was on the D-line with limited opportunities so this year he switched over to the OL, TE and starting long snapper.  His dad is the DL coach and also teaches a weightlifting class at OHS where he has been for, I'm guessing a decade or more.  Coach V does an awesome job as several of his players have gone on to Power 5 programs.  Most notably Mario Kendricks starting DT at VaTech, Dion Bergen starting DT at Wake Forrest and Jordan Redmond #2 DT at UVA (all active).  The 2023 class included John Walker @ UCF (probably are best ever), Derrick Leblanc @ Oklahoma and not sure where Elijah Palermo has ended up.  We return a starting DE from last year and a #2 with good experience.  However, they are going to be pressed by both Van Sickle as well as 9th grade sensation, Blaze Jones for playing time if not the starting roles.  In the spring game vs Edgewater, Blaze Jones delivered the sack that knocked out their star QB Michael Clayton with broken collarbone.   Class of 2026 is very special just got to grow/develop and gain experience.