DILLARD 2023-2024 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

THIS_IS_DILLARD

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

stop lying to that man, they don’t. but sta can be beat. I will say that. 

In 2021 Dillard lost to STA 23-13 in a game that featured a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. That's a 10-point-swing and also a massive momentum shift. You can't tell me that Dillard doesn't win, or at very least come much closer to winning the game, if the left tackle makes his assignment and stops that kick from being blocked. Dillard would have been up 10-0 instead of falling back down to 7-7 and giving STA insane momentum. Dillard has the defense to beat STA and they will do it this season if they get better performance from their special teams and do a better job of taking care of the football.

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Oh trust me he can’t lie to me bout a team I have played for and have been to every game for home or away every year since 2007.

The last matchup st Thomas was just clearly the better team is when they beat us 50-0 in the kickoff classics of the 2016 season.

since then the last 4 matchups against the raiders where all competitive games from start to finish. So in that aspect @VeniceIndianFan is right. 

what has hurt us vs the raiders especially the last two years have been special teams & late game coaching. Now it’s yet to be seen what this new coaching staff is gonna do diff vs the raiders but honestly I’m optimistic.

4 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Now if you referring to the amount of transfers we lost as your reasoning to say we don’t have the talent this year to compete or even beat STA then I can’t do nothing but respect your opinion on that. 

I will say this Dillard has a lot of young talent coming up from jv and lil league that nobody knows about yet but gonna surprise a lot of people. Will it be enough to dethrone the raiders for the district ? I have to see it to believe it. But I do see that matchup being competitive just like it was the past 4 matchups. 

3 hours ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

In 2021 Dillard lost to STA 23-13 in a game that featured a blocked field goal returned for a touchdown. That's a 10-point-swing and also a massive momentum shift. You can't tell me that Dillard doesn't win, or at very least come much closer to winning the game, if the left tackle makes his assignment and stops that kick from being blocked. Dillard would have been up 10-0 instead of falling back down to 7-7 and giving STA insane momentum. Dillard has the defense to beat STA and they will do it this season if they get better performance from their special teams and do a better job of taking care of the football.

Funny thing about that game at sta is that Dillard drove down the field on their first drive went up 7-0 got a interception on defense on sta first possession , we went for it on fourth and short to take a commanding 14-0 lead and we turnt it over on downs.

with 3 min left in the game sta held a 16-13 lead with Dillard driving on sta 9 yard line instead of going for the throat and going for it on 4th down our HC played it safe and went for the FG which was blocked and returned for a touchdown which gave sta a 23-13 lead and unfortunately the game. 

25 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Oh trust me he can’t lie to me bout a team I have played for and have been to every game for home or away every year since 2007.

The last matchup st Thomas was just clearly the better team is when they beat us 50-0 in the kickoff classics of the 2016 season.

since then the last 4 matchups against the raiders where all competitive games from start to finish. So in that aspect @VeniceIndianFan is right. 

what has hurt us vs the raiders especially the last two years have been special teams & late game coaching. Now it’s yet to be seen what this new coaching staff is gonna do diff vs the raiders but honestly I’m optimistic.

Last year it was 6-0 Dillard going into the 2nd qt , 7-6 STA at halftime. 

17-6 sta at the end of the third quarter then a late touchdown with 2 min left gave them the 24-6 final. 

dillard probelm hasn’t been the talent nor defense it’s been the conditioning, coaching & lack of in game adjustments that has cost Dillard in games vs teams just as Good or better then them. 

will the new coaching staff break that cycle this year ? I have to see it to believe it. But right now in practice and ota’s & 7on7s I’m loving the direction we’re going in. 

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Funny thing about that game at sta is that Dillard drove down the field on their first drive went up 7-0 got a interception on defense on sta first possession , we went for it on fourth and short to take a commanding 14-0 lead and we turnt it over on downs.

with 3 min left in the game sta held a 16-13 lead with Dillard driving on sta 9 yard line instead of going for the throat and going for it on 4th down our HC played it safe and went for the FG which was blocked and returned for a touchdown which gave sta a 23-13 lead and unfortunately the game. 

Which is exactly my point. These self-inflicted wounds have to stop. The penalties, special team miscues, missed blocking assignments, and blocked kicks will kill you against a team as good as STA. 

Just now, VeniceIndianFan said:

Which is exactly my point. These self-inflicted wounds have to stop. The penalties, special team miscues, missed blocking assignments, and blocked kicks will kill you against a team as good as STA. 

That it will each and every time & I guess that’s why these last two loses to them has been so frustrating because each time sta was overwhelming favs but each time they struggled with Dillard & that game 2 years ago at sta really was Dillard game & that’s why so many fans wanted the rematch so bad the last two years because sta wasn’t clearly the better team and even sta knew that. 

20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Now if you referring to the amount of transfers we lost as your reasoning to say we don’t have the talent this year to compete or even beat STA then I can’t do nothing but respect your opinion on that. 

I will say this Dillard has a lot of young talent coming up from jv and lil league that nobody knows about yet but gonna surprise a lot of people. Will it be enough to dethrone the raiders for the district ? I have to see it to believe it. But I do see that matchup being competitive just like it was the past 4 matchups. 

thats exactly it, you guys lost a boatload of GUYS. Now i’m not sure what yall got cooking but from what I see the statement stands. Now referring to ‘21 you guys had a good squad that year, solid atleast. 

We all know though on any given friday if you play all phases of the game correct you can beat STA regardless. 

thats exactly it, you guys lost a boatload of GUYS. Now i’m not sure what yall got cooking but from what I see the statement stands. Now referring to ‘21 you guys had a good squad that year, solid atleast. 

We all know though on any given friday if you play all phases of the game correct you can beat STA regardless. 

And that’s the thing bro a lot of those guys you’re talking about from 2021 they are still at Dillard that year they were either playing both jv and varsity or they were freshmen’s.

what people fail to realize from 2018-20-21 Dillard playoff berths & undefeated regular season came off the strength of 95% of those players were home grown they grew up in the Dillard system. We didn’t get that crazy load of transfers until last year where we got 22 transfers in. 

fast forward to this year those are the exact players who are transferring back out, because they were brought in by coach blu & coach macho from Deerfield. When they left the transfers they convinced to come left. 

but if we’re gonna keep it a buck it’s safe to say getting all those transfers in messed up the cohesiveness of the group that already laid the foundation. Because once all those transfers came In , what did we do last year ? 

we lost every big game we had on our schedule, & we STILL failed to get pass the second round for the second year in a row after being favorites both years. 

So when you say we lost a BOAT LOAD of guys , no we got rid of all the dead weight of the kids who were NEVER true panthers to begin with who didn’t really wanna be here. Which in my opinion is gonna make us even better because to many times last year I saw a lot of big names on paper for us. But to many too many of them had no heart & their work ethic was piss poor. It was time to clean house. 

Look at these stats bro, this year is the start of when we actually kept all our talent in house and started building from within with little to no transfers. 

under first year head coach torriano morgan we went (8-3)

2019- torriano left for a collegiate position we promoted my dawg Eddie Frazier (RIP) from jv & he took our squad to (10-0) in the regular season & (12-1) overall & our first regional final berth since 01.

Later that year he passed away suddenly but our players still stayed put to finish what they started for Eddie. 

in 2020 we Got Tate during the covid year & with that same core we went 4-0 & won the tri county championship. 

in 2021 with the same core and a few in coming transfers we went (9-1) in the regular season & (10-2) overall. 

so in that 4 year span Dillard went (43-7)

last year we get over 20+ transfers and fielding maybe our “BEST TEAM” ever & Dillard goes out and post a 6-4 overall record. 

getting all those transfers in did us more harm then good and with all them transferring right back our a year later will allow this team to get back to the basics of what got us back relevant in the first place. 

Our new head coach miccney is the closest thing to Eddie we’re gonna get. The fight and aggression and will to win I see this man have reminds me of the pre game huddles I be watching from a coach Roland lol. 

he don’t let these guys slack at all and most of all he holds them accountable. Aye @cribboy305 @VeniceIndianFan When he first got hired he called a team meeting & told the whole team straight up. 

if you’re not here to be all in LEAVE 

IF you’re not here to sweat & bleed blue & gray leave 

if you’re not here to leave it all on the line every min every second LEAVE 

Few weeks later folks transferring out left and right lol. 

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Look at these stats bro, this year is the start of when we actually kept all our talent in house and started building from within with little to no transfers. 

under first year head coach torriano morgan we went (8-3)

2019- torriano left for a collegiate position we promoted my dawg Eddie Frazier (RIP) from jv & he took our squad to (10-0) in the regular season & (12-1) overall & our first regional final berth since 01.

Later that year he passed away suddenly but our players still stayed put to finish what they started for Eddie. 

in 2020 we Got Tate during the covid year & with that same core we went 4-0 & won the tri county championship. 

in 2021 with the same core and a few in coming transfers we went (9-1) in the regular season & (10-2) overall. 

so in that 4 year span Dillard went (43-7)

last year we get over 20+ transfers and fielding maybe our “BEST TEAM” ever & Dillard goes out and post a 6-4 overall record. 

getting all those transfers in did us more harm then good and with all them transferring right back our a year later will allow this team to get back to the basics of what got us back relevant in the first place. 

Our new head coach miccney is the closest thing to Eddie we’re gonna get. The fight and aggression and will to win I see this man have reminds me of the pre game huddles I be watching from a coach Roland lol. 

he don’t let these guys slack at all and most of all he holds them accountable. Aye @cribboy305 @VeniceIndianFan When he first got hired he called a team meeting & told the whole team straight up. 

if you’re not here to be all in LEAVE 

IF you’re not here to sweat & bleed blue & gray leave 

if you’re not here to leave it all on the line every min every second LEAVE 

Few weeks later folks transferring out left and right lol. 

Sounds like that house needed to be cleaned out. Good for Dillard. This should spark change in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Sounds like that house needed to be cleaned out. Good for Dillard. This should spark change in the right direction. 

Exactly & im looking forward to what the new coaching staff has in store. We have another solid schedule , with 3 national ranked opponents again.

GIBBONS

STA 

CHAMINADE

All private schools , all broward county power houses. So we will see. 

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Exactly & im looking forward to what the new coaching staff has in store. We have another solid schedule , with 3 national ranked opponents again.

GIBBONS

STA 

CHAMINADE

All private schools , all broward county power houses. So we will see. 

oh forsure thats wasssup, might surprise alot of ppl this season. Good luck