Kickoff Classic Deerfield Beach @ Dillard

THIS_IS_DILLARD

10 minutes ago, Jullian said:

I’m really removed from all the talk this year. I look here & at Blustein site. I’m waiting for AH to take a step back. Last years coach had all of Surtain’s studs. Surtain will b hard/impossible to replace as a coach/recruiter. 
Gibbons will always be well coached but not sure on their trenches talent compared to previous years. Being in 2M is a too high a mountain for them. 
Eventually, some year, all the new talent at Aquinas WON’t mesh. Is this the year?

Chaminade loaded. Don’t know bout their trenches. Saw a # of OL recruits heading there. Gotta score a lot of points to beat them…..TOUGHEST schedule in the state???

Dade better this year. Central, Columbus, BTW, Norland, & Bulls all look massive……

Agree with you that 2M is just too much for Gibbons. There are a few teams that can challenge Central this year but I think 2M will be theirs to lose for years to come.

Don’t bet on STA’s downfall. They could steamroll 3M and nobody would bat an eye. Harriet will always have those kids ready. 

Chaminade's only threat in 1M is TCA. They will steamroll until meeting TCA, where anything could happen… 

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

I’m really removed from all the talk this year. I look here & at Blustein site. I’m waiting for AH to take a step back. Last years coach had all of Surtain’s studs. Surtain will b hard/impossible to replace as a coach/recruiter. 
Gibbons will always be well coached but not sure on their trenches talent compared to previous years. Being in 2M is a too high a mountain for them. 
Eventually, some year, all the new talent at Aquinas WON’t mesh. Is this the year?

Chaminade loaded. Don’t know bout their trenches. Saw a # of OL recruits heading there. Gotta score a lot of points to beat them…..TOUGHEST schedule in the state???

Dade better this year. Central, Columbus, BTW, Norland, & Bulls all look massive……

When did gibbons go to 2M ? I thought they were in 4M or something like that didn’t they just win the title last year in whatever class they’re in. ?

I also think American heritage is gonna be respectable but it’s gonna be another playoff exit for them probably before the state game. They’re extremely young this year. Their OL, OC & HC goes to the same hookah lounge I go to and we talk high school ball all the time. 

I asked them about the schedule & they was like we told the AD not to schedule them people lol he was referring to the first 2 games on their schedule & chaminade. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndianFan said:

Agree with you that 2M is just too much for Gibbons. There are a few teams that can challenge Central this year but I think 2M will be theirs to lose for years to come.

Don’t bet on STA’s downfall. They could steamroll 3M and nobody would bat an eye. Harriet will always have those kids ready. 

Chaminade's only threat in 1M is TCA. They will steamroll until meeting TCA, where anything could happen… 

I think they steam roll TCA to the team that it will take to make chaminade pay for their lack of depth is not in Florida the only schools down here capable is Central & iMG 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

When did gibbons go to 2M ? I thought they were in 4M or something like that didn’t they just win the title last year in whatever class they’re in. ?

I also think American heritage is gonna be respectable but it’s gonna be another playoff exit for them probably before the state game. They’re extremely young this year. Their OL, OC & HC goes to the same hookah lounge I go to and we talk high school ball all the time. 

I asked them about the schedule & they was like we told the AD not to schedule them people lol he was referring to the first 2 games on their schedule & chaminade. 

Gibbons moved up when the state changed to Metro. Too big for 1M. 

On 8/3/2023 at 3:54 PM, VeniceIndianFan said:

Haven’t heard much about sta but I’m sure they’re the usual sta , & with it being late July it’s only so much you’re able to know and see. The KOC should give me a better indication on a lot of teams, going into week 1. 

for example Deerfield at Dillard I don’t think the bucks are gonna be down like they were last year & even then their defense was solid if Dillard can win or dare I say win convincingly I really think we can possibly start the season 2-0