STA vs Miami Northwestern @ Joe Robbie

STARaiders2014

Yes yes I know we havent even played a pre season game vs Dillard yet but I want to get the discussion about this game going. I think it will be one of the more exciting games in FLA week 1. We have never played Miami Northwestern before so this will be the first meeting between two of the most storied programs not just in SFLA hs football history but in FLA HS football history. I expect a good game but at the end of the day I think STA will get the W...not sure on a margin of victory will have a better idea after the pre season games for both teams

Are you going down there for that one?

You know Joker if I can I think I will all depends on my work and such, but I'd love to truthfully it'll be a great atmosphere down at Joe Robbie...I would like to see NWestern play STA more after this yr and I was shocked to see our 2 programs have never met on the field. It'll be fun thats for sure even more so if STA can get the W :)

STA is much more disciplined, and Northwestern is too raw to compare. The athletes for Northwestern will not be able to handle the intelligence and athleticism of STA. it's hard to explain, but STA has football players who are more than just fast. They overall are more complete football players.

I see this as a big time win. Something like 31-10 STA

STA is much more disciplined, and Northwestern is too raw to compare. The athletes for Northwestern will not be able to handle the intelligence and athleticism of STA. it's hard to explain, but STA has football players who are more than just fast. They overall are more complete football players.

I see this as a big time win. Something like 31-10 STA

I think the difference is in the coaching. The coaching STA has is on another level compared to that of NWestern. Of course they have althetes and great players, but I think STA will use our athletes smarter which will lead us to a win...right now although early I see more like 31-14 or 34-14. A comfortable win for the Raiders to start the defense of our 7A title. 

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME I SEE IT BEING MUCH CLOSER THOUGH I SAY 28-21 ST THOMAS WITH A LATE 4TH Q.T T.D & THATS CRAZY I NEVER ROUTE FOR ST THOMAS NO OFFENSE @STA LOL!! BUT WEN IT COMES TO COUNTY VS COUNTY ESPECIALLY DADE!!! BROWARD GOTA CUM UP ON TOP EVERYTIME!! SO YEA UM ROLLIN WIT STA IN THIS GAME BUT AS FAR AS IN AUG 22 DILLARD VS ST THOMAS YALL KNOW WAT TIME IT IZ BLUE & GREY ALL THE WAY!!!

SHOULD BE A GREAT GAME I SEE IT BEING MUCH CLOSER THOUGH I SAY 28-21 ST THOMAS WITH A LATE 4TH Q.T T.D & THATS CRAZY I NEVER ROUTE FOR ST THOMAS NO OFFENSE @STA LOL!! BUT WEN IT COMES TO COUNTY VS COUNTY ESPECIALLY DADE!!! BROWARD GOTA CUM UP ON TOP EVERYTIME!! SO YEA UM ROLLIN WIT STA IN THIS GAME BUT AS FAR AS IN AUG 22 DILLARD VS ST THOMAS YALL KNOW WAT TIME IT IZ BLUE & GREY ALL THE WAY!!!

I think our coaching will make the score more than 28-21 we will out coach them and I think that could spot us a 14-0 or 10-0 lead right off the bat. We shall see NWestern is no slouch program thats for sure but STA will be too much for them

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

TRUUUUEEEE SO I WANT A HONEST ANSWER WHAT DO U FEEL THE SCORE WILL BE NXT THURSDAY AT PICCALO OF COURSE U ROOTING FOR ST THOMAS BUT WHAT DO U PREDICT THE FINAL SCORE TO BE...& ALSO THE HALF TIME SCORE

TRUUUUEEEE SO I WANT A HONEST ANSWER WHAT DO U FEEL THE SCORE WILL BE NXT THURSDAY AT PICCALO OF COURSE U ROOTING FOR ST THOMAS BUT WHAT DO U PREDICT THE FINAL SCORE TO BE...& ALSO THE HALF TIME SCORE

Hmmmmm I could see like 30-14 ish something in that range....half time itll be something like 21-7 or like 14-7 STA will pull away in the 2nd half it wont be a 56-0 game...AT THE MOST I can see a 38-14 game...but I see Dillard being good and hanging tough....30-14

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

now you see that score i can respect atleast u aint say a lousy score like 56-0 like u stated but tbh i see the score being 27-24 dillard or 27-24 STA eaither way i see it bein 27-24 because honestly i dont see st thomas scoring 30+ points our defense really pride it self in points allowed & take away's so im ready to see how it plays out

now you see that score i can respect atleast u aint say a lousy score like 56-0 like u stated but tbh i see the score being 27-24 dillard or 27-24 STA eaither way i see it bein 27-24 because honestly i dont see st thomas scoring 30+ points our defense really pride it self in points allowed & take away's so im ready to see how it plays out

It all depends on what type of play calling we have are we gonna be wide open and call everything or keep it a bit conservative and condensed....that will be a factor on both side and idk I think we can score 30+ with our running game which will be key for the Raiders all yr long but we shall see

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

thats the thing though i doubt eaither school put all there schemes and plays out there in a kick off classic game and as far as in us losing by 30 lol thats all i can do all i can do is respect you guys prediction & if its much closer dare i say win only thing u guys can say is you were wrong

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

LOL YEA THATS WAT ITS CALLED ITS CALLED SUN LIFE STADIUM CUZ I WAS GOING TO SAY WTF LOL WHERE IS THAT AINT ITS A HOME GAME FOR ST THOMAS

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

lol truuueee hey i gota question was it ever a time you guys home side was not sold out i mean i wouldnt b suprised if you guys practices dnt b sold out lol i mean i admire yall fan base

lol truuueee hey i gota question was it ever a time you guys home side was not sold out i mean i wouldnt b suprised if you guys practices dnt b sold out lol i mean i admire yall fan base

LOL nah practice isnt sold out....I only attended a few practices while I was there and those were before a HUGE game such as a title game or regional final. I can remember times where it wasnt totally full vs some of the lower district teams we played like STA would be 5-0 and our opponent 0-5 we wouldnt sell out but we'd have a very nice crowd....I've never seen Piccolo half full...2/3rds....I cant remember that either although I think during the early 00s inbetween like 2000-03 maybe then but cannot quite remember and thank you it is one of the things im very proud of is our fanbase!

Guest DHS_PANTHERS

lol thats wassup i mean dillard has an unbeliveable fan base 2 but if were 5-0 playing a team 0-5 it wouldnt be near as packed or hyped as if both teams were 5-0 you guys face paint yelling screaming rooting where its no secret black schools just sit there it gets fustrating at times because i'm black and i b like dam make some noise on 3rd down ta hype up the defense get loud and crazy when we score it gets me a lil jealous sometimes going to a st thomas game or something and the crowd jumping up and down & im jus like wow!!...

lol thats wassup i mean dillard has an unbeliveable fan base 2 but if were 5-0 playing a team 0-5 it wouldnt be near as packed or hyped as if both teams were 5-0 you guys face paint yelling screaming rooting where its no secret black schools just sit there it gets fustrating at times because i'm black and i b like dam make some noise on 3rd down ta hype up the defense get loud and crazy when we score it gets me a lil jealous sometimes going to a st thomas game or something and the crowd jumping up and down & im jus like wow!!...

Ohhh yes it is fun over on the home side of Piccolo it can get LOUD....sometimes ear splitting loud if youre on that side and close to where the students are I love it!