Columbia v Trinity Christian (Jax)

gatorman-uf

Ventured to the Columbia (0-3) vs Trinity Christian (2-2). 

For being 0-3, Columbia played okay. It was 13-13 at the half with Trinity Christian scoring on 2 short fields due to turnovers by the Tiger QB. 
I mostly went to see Colin Hurley, the QB of Trinity Christian and LSU commit. I wasn't overly impressed, but that is also why I am not a coach or a scout. Don't get me wrong, his arm strength is great and he seems to be able to sling it without having to step into the throw. I just didn't see anything amazing that will make me remember him. The running back and wide receiver showed a lot more individual talent, I though. The Columbia Defense put on a solid show, but lost some individual match-ups that cost them the game.

The Columbia offense started well, but in the second half, Trinity adjusted, the Tigers wore down and you could see the panic and frustration setting in as Columbia saw their opportunities pass them by. As for Trinity, I wasn't overly impressed. They looked like they had the size and speed advantage at every position and still struggled throughout the game to be consistent. They will be a semi-finalist in 1M, but I doubt they are in contention for a state championship. 

I said at the beginning of the year that Columbia would best manage a 5-5 season, I would like to change that to a 3-6 (If the Union County game doesn't get rescheduled).